South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Katich got 8 runs of 9 balls and Hayden is still on 0 runs of 11 balls. Being defensive at the start of the innings is good, but not that defensive.
Playing the ball on its merits is more important. Even lacking in runs, Hayden has still proved strong on the straight drive, so South Africa's plan A is to make him play outside off. Steyn has shown a degree of accuracy, but he scarcely bowled a ball at the top of Hayden's off stump. Katich offered just one gentle glide past gully to a wide one and Steyn immediately bowled much straighter and to Katich, there's a very fine line between straight and too straight if the ball isn't moving about. It's also important to note that Ntini has bowled a variety of deliveries, some seaming, some full, some wide, mostly to Katich.

Bowling change now might draw Katich back a bit, Morkel looking on song so far.

Katich was looking superb then and it's a bit of a shame he's out when he's played so well and Hayden's been shaky and is still in.

Finally! Katich the first one out and not Hayden! LOL! This is exactly what Hayden needs - Ponting batting with him.

I was going to say the same thing! So for once we aren't 2 down for whatever after Katich leaves. Lets see how we go down this line.

Edit: Here we go again :rolleyes:

Ponting gone aswell, Morkel is such a good bowler when he bowls well, reminds me a bit of Harmison is either one of the best or is shockingly poor. Good comeback after a brilliant start from the Aussies if Hayden ever needed to score runs for Australia its now, Its all set-up perfectly for him to prove all his doubters wrong

Hayden started slowly but he played a good role in an important opening partnership. Katich was looking really good so disapointing to see him go.

Ponting another golden duck :noway

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Finally! Katich the first one out and not Hayden! LOL! This is exactly what Hayden needs - Ponting batting with him.

Shame thats not happening!

Hayden straight drive certainly looking good. Still questions over his technique for the ball outside off. Maybe this will be the out of form partnership coming into form!

Aus once again have lost2 quick wickets,but Hayden is out there,he would like to get a big score here...

Hayden looking good...Katich once again got few runs,but Aus still struggling here...

Blagh! I hate watching Hussey play. Even when he is scoring hundreds he seems to bore me.

I really hope Hayden makes runs. He may be out of form, but jeez I love watching those drives.

Might be boring but geez we need it as we've been really missing it through this series. Hayden almost spoons another drive to mid on.

Who was that redhaired fellow standing right on the end during the national anthem for Australia? I know it wasn't McDonald, but I didn't see Hilfenhaus standing among them, but I know it wasn't him. I also saw the redhead during the baggy green presentation in the background. The thing is, I don't think he was part of the coaching staff, because he was wearing test whites.

I'm positive it wasn't, when the camera panned from start to end, at the start was this redhead with short spiky hair without a baggy green on, but a bit down the track they showed McDonald with the baggy on.

Users who are viewing this thread