South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Jacques Kallis needs another 53 runs to become the eighth to 10,000

Ponting won the toss and chose to bat, just like in the first two matches.

If South Africa will win they will create history, because I read somewhere that Australia has never been whitewashed at home. On the commentary they're saying that it could be the first whitewash in 122 years. But almost then Test cricket started.

Here is a link to that last home series whitewash page: Cricinfo - England v Australia 1861 - 1888

Add Pollock to the mix, and I think you've got quite a solid theory there ;)

I'm stoked about Marty Van Jaarsveld, so hope he plays. That guy is a great bloke.

It's Vaughn Van Jaarsveld, not Martin, that was picked.

This is an interesting line that Ponting has said:

'Ponting has said this Test is the beginning of an exciting era for Australian cricket.'

And Smith is really fighting through pain.

Smith to play through the pain

The problem has been hampering Smith since the Indian Premier League and is so painful he sometimes struggles to brush his teeth, but "they're clean at the moment".

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausvrsa2008_09/content/current/story/384996.html

Last edited:
It's Vaughn Van Jaarsveld, not Martin, that was picked.

Really? Oh the radio here said Martin haha. I was going to say I didn't think he was doing that well. My mistake. Well, actually the Zimbabwean media's.

Katich got 8 runs of 9 balls and Hayden is still on 0 runs of 11 balls. Being defensive at the start of the innings is good, but not that defensive.

Katich off to a flyer looking really good, Hayden's still looks shaky but he's still there.
Poorish bowling by S.A so far Ntini hasn't looked at all threatening.

Ball swinging and nipping around everywhere - I thought Australian pitches were the flattest in the world? :rolleyes:

What's the bet that Hayden gets a ton and I'm not even there to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread