South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Nah, it would have been the designated substitute, with Hilfenhaus returning to the T20s. Looked like it was Scott Coyte, a young NSW all-rounder.

Hussey needs to get few runs here,before the upcoming ODI series,he is a class batsman,but he has failed in test series.

Good aggressive play straight after lunch from the pair, they look alot better compared to before lunch.

Key to get Hayden out his, bowl on middle and leg because he falls over when playing on legside, his balance isnt perfect.

Aus doing well after gall of those 2 wickets,they are moving at good rate..Hayden looking +ve today

So did Lehmann and Warne
They were good though.

I know Ben is going to berate me for this, and possibly others, but unless Hayden is going to retire after this test I don't want him to get a big score. It won't help the team long term and possibly even short term. We need a new opener in for our winter tours of South Africa and England and beyond.

He's chopped it on his own stumps that was a very odd innings there by Hayden, at times he looked brilliant, the straight drive and other times he looked completely out of form.

Themer added 2 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Big two partnerships coming up now for Australia another couple of wickets and we'll have the debutant in and he must be nervous. Talking about him what are the thoughts of the Australians on him, McDonald as I've never heard of him and don't get exposed to alot of Domestic cricket in Australia how good is he with the bat?

Terrible shot from Haydos, the ball wasnt there to cut. He should have left it or drove it.

Although he seemed capable when playing straight and leaving the wide ball, Hayden was keen to expand and deploy that iconic cover drive, but he has developed a strange way of playing through cover that was technically a cut. His collapsing on the back foot while trying to drive a full ball suggests an extreme reluctance to get on the front foot, the one in which he has suffered tendinitis in recent times and perhaps, while the power and timing remain, the feet just aren't at the same level.

Time to retire Hayden, let people know so that they can go and see his last moments in Test cricket. It's good to have Hussey still around we really have missed his patience.

Hussey gone Harris bowled very well in that over and Harris has injured himself celebrating it's all happening in this test match :p

Users who are viewing this thread