South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Congrats to Siddle, when he has his spells he sure does cause problems. Just needs to do that more often and earlier.

Hayden trying the go crazy road again, that LBW shout looked good too.

Shocking pitch, shocking umpiring...

Yet most of the bad decisions went your way. Don't see the Aussie fans bitching about them.

How ironic is it that he gets his first Test 5fer on the SCG.

Not ironic in the slightest. If anything, it's quite the opposite. You'd expect him to do well on the same ground.

Well done Siddle. I like this guy, he puts his heart and soul into it. He's a keeper. Bollinger, though unlucky, I didn't like so much.

Q: How do you get Steyn out?

A: Nappy San

LOL. Heard it on the radio a while ago (during his 70odd) and forgot til now. Thought i'd share.

EDIT: At least it's not just Billy making howlers. Maybe they're assisting the batsmen on this pitch.

irottev added 5 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

AShocka De SIlva

Top stuff Siddle, stick it right up em.

Hayden, so, so lucky.

Go on and bat all tomorrow, then bowl their depleted batsmen out.

Well it's about time Hayden got some luck with the umpires. Bad umpiring decisions is the reason why he is so out of touch at the moment.

yeah very nice day for us. Boucher- Morkel partnership was frustrating but happy with where we are at. The lead is 150 and you would think that we can get atleast 300. Chasing anything over 300 on this pitch will be very tough.

I thought we bowled well all day without much luck. Mitch is bowling well pretty much all the time these days . Bollinger was very unlucky not to get couple of wickets. McDonald did his job , good line and length with some cutters but he didn't look like a test bowler. Hauritz didnt do much at all so we need him to fire in the second dig. And Siddle , well the guy is a star. Not because he has lot of talent (he has potential) but he got a big heart. Love the way he kept charging in , he deserve the 5fer just for his effort.

Umpiring today was .... well interesting to say the least. Its 'swings and roundabouts' I guess , both teams got some lucky ones so end of the day its pretty even I think. Its hard work for them on pitch as well. I love the pitch though , balls shooting low or bouncing up from cracks its good fun to watch.

Pretty decent start from Hayden, hopefully he can get a big score.

Yep saw that.

Very hard to get a decent umpire these days it seems.

Duminy lucky to survive that Bollinger delivery which should have been out, then unlucky for the decision that did give him out (although he can't complain really, it evened out).

And I don't understand why the bails have to fall to the ground for it to be out, surely the ball hitting the stumps and the bails going up in the air is enough?

Still, in the end Peter Siddle saved the day. Sure, the pitch helped him out but he was fantastic again, the SCG and the MCG seem to be good grounds for him considering his great form in domestic cricket there (he got a 5fer in the Pura Cup final last year against a class NSW batting lineup with all of its internationals, and he was injured too). Looking forward to his development because he seems to be ticking all boxes so far, proving his critics wrong once again.

Ashoka DeSilva might have saved Hayden career and blown Englands chances of winning Ashes back.

Users who are viewing this thread