South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Hmmm Hayden is getting way less chances than Dravid had. Dravid was allowed to stay in for like a year I think. Guess Aussie selectors are still better than India's haha.

Doesn't look like there is much assistance from the pitch in particular compared to yesterday. I'll make sure we put the game beyond SA reach before even thinking of declaring.

What do you think would be a good score before declaring? 450+ lead or more?

300 should be enough but if they have 4 and a bit sessions to get that it's possible. Hayden and Ponting have shown that you can still score quickly on this pitch.
A win would be good but a draw is all we need to remain as number 1. No point risking that trying for the win as it also gives SA a good chance to win.

Quite possible,by the way with whom Aus is be playing next test series?

SA :)

Aus looking good this time (in the last inngs of the series,but normally they loose 3-4 wickets between 100-125,this has happend in this series for 2-3 time)...

Highest runchase at this ground is 288-2 in 97 Tests. And that was also against South Africa. I remember it well, because Smith declared at 194-6 in the second innings, so he could try and win the Test match. But eventually South Africa lost the match, because of Hayden and Ponting's runs. Hayden scored 90 and Ponting 143 runs.

So a 300 runs lead should be safe, but I don't think Australia will declare before 400 runs lead.

Ponting is scoring really quick. He is already on 36 runs of 33 balls.

When?April/May?

Actually it's a bit earlier. It will be from end of February till mid April.

Here is the schedule:

Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/series/350462.html?template=schedule

Lee aims for Ashes comeback

Australia are hopeful that Brett Lee will be fit for the Ashes after having bone fragments removed from his left ankle in Melbourne on Saturday. Lee's operation also showed that he bowled with a broken foot during the second innings at the MCG, where Ricky Ponting called on him for ten overs as South Africa chased 183.

Lee's comback

Aus will certainly miss him in the ODi series...He will come back hard

Hmmm Hayden is getting way less chances than Dravid had. Dravid was allowed to stay in for like a year I think. Guess Aussie selectors are still better than India's haha.

Certainly he will get less chances...

nikhil_99 added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Actually it's a bit earlier. It will be from end of February till mid April.

Thanks..That will be a good series to watch..

nikhil_99 added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Lee aims for Ashes comeback

Australia are hopeful that Brett Lee will be fit for the Ashes after having bone fragments removed from his left ankle in Melbourne on Saturday.

They were hoping that Lee will return and he will play against SA in SA,but for now it seems that he will return for Ashes ie around June..

Way Ponting is taking apart Harris I fear for Hauritz. I think we need to bat till tea hopefully have a 350+ run lead, that should be enough you would hope.

Wow I'm an idiot, didn't realize this was Day 4. In any case, Ponting is on FIRE. Love watching him bat like this.

I'd go for 380, but they'd need to amp it up a bit.

It seems like there's less in the pitch, but I think this is an illusion created by Ponting. Morkel around the wicket is hitting the crack to the lefties. Accuracy is essential, because the parts of the pitch that aren't cracked or scuffed are still hard chunks of belter.

Users who are viewing this thread