South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

too bad his innings just ended. was a very hand half century though, very well played Punter

Ponting out! He was accelerating the Aus inngs,because they had to go for it,Australia now lead by 252 runs,they need at least 370 & that too they need to do it quickly ..

Greatest. Commentary. Ever.

36.3 Morkel to Ponting, no run, good ball, nips back in off a length and Ponting adjusts to defend

Well yes, its been a sparkling innings, but it could have been so different had he inside-edged that first ball back on to his stumps. But since then, Ponting has been superb.

36.4 Morkel to Ponting, OUT, and then he goes and does that!
RT Ponting b Morkel 53 (57b 9x4 0x6) SR: 92.98

Big wicket for SA,they got Ponting...Now its upto Hussey to accelerate,Katich will be steady at one end,but the problem is Hussey is not in good form,he got few runs in last inngs,but for him this is last opportunity before the ODI series...

Because he doesn't believe hat his career is finished.

He's just going to help destroy our Ashes campaign unless he finds form. If he goes to SA he has to go to England because otherwise Jaques will be coming in after a long time outta the test side to play in one of the biggest series Australia has.

Do you guys think Hayden will be allowed to go back to domestic, skip the SA tour, and allowed back on the team for the Ashes? Or is he permanently gone if he leaves now?

Pretty sure he'll be gone if hes not picked for the SA tour. To comeback when you are 37 is near on unheard of. Unless you are Shane Warne as we have some openers pushing for selection.

I still seriously believe the selectors will opt for Experience. After the Ashes...don't think he'll have much of a hope. Until then, there's every chance in the world.

These people at the other forum I'm posting on believe that anything under 450 or 400 will be easily achieved. With only 1 team ever to surpass 400 and the highest chased total of 288, I highly doubt it. But this pitch is still looking good oddly enough.

Just not enough time for SA to get this one, there only hope would have been to get the total down to 300 by stumps but to get 80 odd or whatever we have in it seems about 1 hour will be a tough ask.

Well Well... First time I've seen Ponting put in a risky declaration. Should be able 20 overs - 25 overs tonight, and 90 tomorrow. 110 - 115 overs at 3.27 RPO. Not bad.

I would have batted on a few more overs with Hussey looking good. I guess this way it gives SA a chance to chase it down, meaning they might go for it and lose some wickets. I think it was a good declaration.

If they can knock out 75 runs I think they'll be well in it.

We may just be in for another great last day chase :D

South Africa to win. I called it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread