South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

MacDonald in this is a great chance for him to make a mark. LOL at Harris poor bugger injures himself celebrating. I reckon Hussey has got till the end of the SA tour to find form or he too could be dropped or certainly under pressure from the media.

This is why Test Cricket to me is the far superior version of the game, there's tension excitement, a debutant edging after a few balls and a silly wally injuring self while jumping around like a Kangaroo who could ask for more?

And as I typing there's a drop this really is Test Cricket at its best.

That was a perfect bouncer from Morkel, that would have an unlucky dismissal Pietersen-esque. McDonald will really have to play out of his skin if Morkel keeps delivering like this. As I said before Morkel on form is one of the best in world cricket, If he bowled like this all the time he'd be right up there with the best.

I knew that was coming. His helmet was on too lose. He looks like a tall, lanky fast bowler (one that can't bat lol), not an all rounder. Of the little I've seen of him so far in this test he seems to be one of those batsmen who makes batting look difficult with a technique that isn't exactly what you would call aesthetically pleasing but can get the job done.

Last edited:
It's good cricket from Morkel, saw something he liked out of McDonald against the short stuff and has proceeded to shell him. I feel the Australians were far too lenient on JP Duminy after his first innings, they apparently decided he'd seen enough bouncers.

Good cricket in return from McDonald, he's unruffled and growing in confidence.

McDonald looks decent so far, looks rather good on anything thats been down leg so far and has grown from confidence after a shaky first few balls.

MacDonald technique looks solid enough only concern is the short pitched bowling. Would be great if he gets a pull shot or he could run into problems.

pffft never should of been picked yes he is ok with anything on middle or leg but outside off hes hopelesshnow idea how he selected hes not that good a bowler either

Why McDonald was picked is beyhond me but why he batted higher then Haddin is unforgivable. I would've been tempted to bat Mitchell Johnson ahead of McDonald and I'd probably be giving Michael Clarke more overs then him aswell.

Aus in trouble as they have lost 5 wickets,they should at least try and get to min 300

I've seen quite a bit of McDonald, actually a hell of a lot from my time in Australia and he is a solid state player but I seriously can't comprehend why he was picked. He never dominated in state, he never appeared miles better than the others. Lol, yet he's playing for Australia. Ha.

Users who are viewing this thread