South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Again the inability to finish of the tailenders have cost us. Smith getting injured is another big blow.

will need big innings from both jk and amla, they need to give back to the team after their big drops.

McDonald looked mediocre. Australia are really desperate. Bollinger giving 150% couldn't get a wicket so at 80-90% he's be pretty useless. Should never make comments like that IMO. He bowled some good balls though at times. I think Australia should use Hilfy instead.

I saw Hilfy play an ODI against us a few years back. He was very impressive.

Last edited:
I think Australia has to be careful here. While they are well and truly on top, things can slip away easily. If South Africa can get one good session without losing a wicket, they might be close to Australia's score by the end of play today. The Australian bowlers just don't look like taking wickets - Siddle with a strike rate of 100, Hauritz almost 90.
If South Africa needs 250 on the last day, I can see Smith coming in to bat, a broken finger is not going to stop him, I think South Africa is taking this test very seriously because a whitewash will mean so much more than a series victory.
As Harris said after the day's play - they will be going for the win and they won't be playing negative cricket.

I hope South Africa can pull this one off, but I would rather see them try to win and lose than playing negative cricket.

I'm all with the charity thing but they've made the graphics such as Australias first score look silly by making them pink but not everything else. They should have gone pink for all writing.

Kallis gone early Australia would want another one now to really assert their position on top.

South Africas worst player is their captain.

Get behind Jane McGrath day. Put a ribbon in your avatar.

Pinkforcancercopy.jpg

Gilly Fan added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

South Africas worst player is their captain.

Good ol' Neil McKenzie. Why isn't Prince playing?

Prince is still not 100% fit as far as I'm aware, and so they stuck with the same team rather than risking him.

A steady first 50 minutes for South Africa following loss of Kallis.

Great arm, Notch! Poor running by De Villiers, as Greig said, he's been in la-la-land since Perth.

EDIT: RONNIE! Well done buddy! Good figures, 1/16 from 12 overs, 5 maidens, economy rate of 1.33 per over.

Last edited:
Johnson 3 wickets come from different ways. Retired hurt, run out and normal wicket :)
Bollinger got ripped, if that hit the bat Ponting caught it and if not that was plumb LBW. But Billy knows plumb means not out *cough* Lee.

Great work McDonald kept it tight and has his first test wicket.

McDonald is bowling well,he is so economical.Aus need 1-2 more wickets here

Aus certainly need 1-2 wickets here,if they do it,then they might have a good lead in their hands...

Similar situation again.... Will this test also get a similar result? Australia have been on top only for SA to come back and win it. It will become a comedy if that happens again.

Users who are viewing this thread