South Africa in England

It might be their fourth in a row but come on Australia and Sri Lanka away. I didn't expect us to win in either series. We aren't overly good at the moment.

Honestly, Ambrose is the most painfully useless player I have ever seen in test cricket.

South Africa going pretty well, but they are technically 4/3 at the moment.

Can someone tell me why we didn't bring Harmison in for the last game, the one where we actually had to win?

Cos he's been crap for a while now and it wasn't certain he would have got it together. That said England really need him if they're to win matches.
Should definitely win from here but too little too late to be honest.

Yes, but look at him in this match. Maybe if we'd had him in the last test we might have won it?

Hmm, it would appear that no matter who captains this England team we will never be able to bowl out a tail cheaply. We're gonna lose this if we don't belt up soon.

Cos Captains dont bowl. They have all been batters except Flintoff for short while.

I shall be at The Oval tomorrow. It's been fun organising easiest way of getting there! Spent over 2 hours in fact...I hope to bring camera shots!

Broad looked even better today. 5 wickets in the test will help him, no end.

Career best figures as well. Admittedly 3/44 isn't going to terrify batsmen, but he's improving.

Even though he bowled well I don't see him getting into the first test in Ahmedabad unless he astonishingly in the ODI's leading up otherwise I see his place being taken by the second spinner needed in India.

Anyway we should win tomorrow unless the rain denies us.

Assuming that Harmison undergoes an amazing mental overhaul and is in a fit state to play in India then i'd be a happy with a bowling attack of Anderson, Harmison, Panesar, Jones and maybe Tremlett if we're playing a fifth.

It was great listening to TMS before when they were talking about Panesar underperforming. His place in the side is a certainty because there's no other spinner to challenge him(anyone who even mentions Rashid needs a punch in the face) and as a result he's resting on his laurels somewhat.

Assuming that Harmison undergoes an amazing mental overhaul and is in a fit state to play in India then i'd be a happy with a bowling attack of Anderson, Harmison, Panesar, Jones and maybe Tremlett if we're playing a fifth.

It was great listening to TMS before when they were talking about Panesar underperforming. His place in the side is a certainty because there's no other spinner to challenge him(anyone who even mentions Rashid needs a punch in the face) and as a result he's resting on his laurels somewhat.

Tremlett would be a 6th with Flintoff and weaken the batting too much.
Regarding Monty they were expressing incredulity on the sky commentary that he is yet to develop an arm ball. I definitely agree that he doesn't seem to be improving his game all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread