South Africa in England

Personally i think Harmison will bring the goods to India as well. He seems far more motivated, hungry and most importantly match fit. Once this test is over they should rush him back to county so he "remains fit". Also, i'd pick Anderson over Sidebottom considering bum doesn't get along with monty. Team spirit should never be lacking.

bum doesn't get along with monty?

how come?

I'm sure there already looking forward to teh flight home...

No cricketer would go in with an attuide of not caring just because the series is over.. personal pride is what drives cricketers to do well... series over or not..

PLus, there playing for there country. Nuff said!

Point taken....but we sure seem to lack the motivation and purpose compared to the other tests. In the past games it was all about occupying the crease, but it felt to me, while watching it, that there wasnt that "we have to knuckle down and bat through" attitude anymore - no drive to win the game.

I reckon giving the captaincy to KP won't change him at all, in fact I reckon it'll inspire him. Like it did with Sir Viv Richards (he is a Sir, isn't he? Correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd love to see some stats on the partnerships between Pietersen and Collingwood. Whenever one does well, they always seem to have a decent sized partnership with the other.

Haven't had a chance to see most of KPs innings, is he being restrained and held back like some claimed he'd become?

He's just hit Morkel for 15 in an over lol. Not quite restrained, maybe it's just Colly or him batting at the Oval.

bum doesn't get along with monty?

how come?

Ryan hates anyone who doesn't give 100% (in his opinion). They get on just fine imo, but Ryan does hate it when someone fields poorly off of his bowling.

I hate Sidebottom for the way he reacts when he bowls. He moans at anyone for a misfield, yet he's a poor fielder himself. Hypocrite in my opinion.

Shame to see KP go by the way, we could have done with him around to build this lead.

I'm sure he's a white-line fever kind of guy, not some sort of hate-filled manbeast. He vents his frustrations on field, it just happens that Monty makes a few mistakes on the boundary. He's not happy when the guys drop catches, but stopping a four is usually an easier task.

angryangy added 8 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I'd love to see some stats on the partnerships between Pietersen and Collingwood. Whenever one does well, they always seem to have a decent sized partnership with the other.
including that one;

2044 runs at 68.13 in 31 innings; 8 hundred partnerships, 8 fifty partnerships

Personally i think Harmison will bring the goods to India as well. He seems far more motivated, hungry and most importantly match fit. Once this test is over they should rush him back to county so he "remains fit". Also, i'd pick Anderson over Sidebottom considering bum doesn't get along with monty. Team spirit should never be lacking.

Harmison looks really good. He's fast, hostile and clearly more motivated now.

aint been on here for a while, but freddie is gone and this game might open up again if africa can restrict england to under a 100 lead

Flintoff needs to bat properly again and get a big score. Then, when he has his confidence back, he will be able to take risks. He really is doing nobody favours batting in this style.

Users who are viewing this thread