South Africa in England

He is not an awful test bowler, he needs time currently he appears short of the standard. But the potential is there.

Broad is merely settling in. Give me a run of a series, ok we may need to carry him slightly, but with this attack we can afford it! He needs to a mature in a way that he is only going to do it with time in the test arena.

Strauss has serious problems outside that off-stump. Unless, he fixes it, he won't get past 30.

What merited Broad's comeback really?
Well it was either him or Bopara out of the squad, they obviously felt Broad was worth more . The pitch is bouncy, with plenty of runs in it. That should serve well for Broad the batsman, who plays sweetly off the back foot and has been in good form, certainly much better form than the player he has replaced. It also means that the England bowlers could yet have to spend a long time in the field and so a five man attack is useful, especially as it is not expected to spin for Panesar.

I'm surprised people were considering Strauss for the captaincy to be honest. He's in worse form than Collingwood was and his place in the side isn't a certainty. He's the one player I wouldn't start against India out of this lot. Oh yeah and Broad as well. We really can't be carrying anybody over there.

I'm 100% sure Jones will be in the team for India.

I'm hoping for a 5-fer for Broad 2nd innings, then a few of you will be singing his praises. He isn't getting wickets, ok, but the thing is, he's the best young fast bowler since Harmison, so i'll take him.

I reckon we'll definitely go with a 5-pronged bowling attack.

Flintoff
Anderson/Harmison (if it doesn't swing and Harmy doesn't break down)?
Sidebottom
Jones
Panesar

I'm hoping for a 5-fer for Broad 2nd innings, then a few of you will be singing his praises. He isn't getting wickets, ok, but the thing is, he's the best young fast bowler since Harmison, so i'll take him.

I'm aware of his potential as much as the next man, but we have to bounce back from this series defeat with a win in India and we can't afford to be carrying anybody. I've been the most optimistic and patient England fan ont hsi board for the last year, but I even I can see that Broad isn't quite ready for Test cricket yet. We can get away with using him in a 5 man attack, but him being used in a 4 man attack on current form is recipe for disaster.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I reckon we'll definitely go with a 5-pronged bowling attack.

Flintoff
Anderson/Harmison (if it doesn't swing and Harmy doesn't break down)?
Sidebottom
Jones
Panesar

I honestly think it will be Sidebottom who miss out if i'm honest. Anderson is arguably England's best bowler these days.

Depends who's more reliant on swing. Arguably, Anderson and pace and cutters while Sidebottom is more accurate. Either way, I want Jones in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread