South Africa in England

One thing to in my mind is we've started numerous ODI series in recent years by winning the first game in some style, then gone on to be comprehensively outplayed in the rest of the series.

By all means be pleased with this win, but don't get carried away just yet. ;)

One thing to keep in my mind is we've started numerous ODI series in recent years by winning the first game in some style, then gone on to be comprehensively outplayed in the rest of the series.

KP said:
We always win the first game and then mess the next four up.

Great minds think a like?

One thing to in my mind is we've started numerous ODI series in recent years by winning the first game in some style, then gone on to be comprehensively outplayed in the rest of the series.

Yes of course and your argument does make sense but I have found this English team performance a bit different.
I think KP suits best as a Captain.He has got good thinking as a Captain.He has been spot on with his moves plus He has played as a responsible captain.It wasn't just with the ball that Pietersen shone, his captaincy had a touch of the magic about it, too.
Have you not seen Prior?
A guy who was struggling to be a part of playing 11 was hitting the ball with confident.Team is now in much comfortable Zone.
Now this will be all about Consistency.
I hope this Positive attitude will lead England to a series win.

I don't want to start anything here, but what was with Pietersen being given not out in that run-out chance when there was an obvious gap between his bat being grounded and the ground? That was generous benefit of the doubt. I would have given that.

Bails were broken when his bat was on the ground. A particular frame showed that. It was mightily close, but I think he was in.

I don't want to start anything here, but what was with Pietersen being given not out in that run-out chance when there was an obvious gap between his bat being grounded and the ground? That was generous benefit of the doubt. I would have given that.
Sureshot is right, the bat was grounded when the bails were broken.

Possibly. He got the benefit. Would have been mean to give it I guess. I think it was Kallis who got runout seemed like he should have had the benefit too maybe.

So what's wrong with the Morkels? Injured?

Yes, both of them injured. Albie has a shoulder problem iirc. Hamstring for Morne, I think.

No, Kallis was quite a few inches out. Are you thinking of the Boucher stumping?

You could see the line behind Boucher's foot on that run out, ergo he was definitely out.

Ahhh, yes, the stumping. I didn't think there was enough evidence to prove he didn't have something behind the line. There was definitely something behind the line but maybe in the air, it was really hard to tell. They weren't easy. That's for sure.

He was out the stump cam clearly showed that he had nothing down behind the line.

Side angle looked like he did have it back. As I said, maybe he should have gotten the benefit. 1/1 angles isn't enough for me.

It's not a big deal, game's over and it wouldn't have mattered. I was just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread