South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5-0 is asking a bit much.

But I'm also not into this 'India lost because of bad umpiring, and poor bowling' line of argument. And, sorry - which war did SA and India start? I thought this was a friendly international cricket series.

I find it a great shame that so much aggression has permutated the world of international cricket. Why can we not congratulate each other - rather than be overly critical and attack other teams flaws?

What I take out of the match is:
1. New ball bowling was phenomenal by the SA side. Ntini, in particular, took his role very seriously; and attacked ruthlessly. Pollock was miserly, and created the pressure - it was the most clinical, ruthless and masterful attack I've seen yet.
2. Yuvraj played a masterful reply; with excellent stroke play, and a solid defense with his team five down and looking at both barrels.
3. Smith replied in the best fashion possible - punishing every ball that was marginally bad; and pushing the good ones around.
4. Kallis walked in, with a run rate that looked excellent, and a few quick wickets and partnered Prince superbly; playing only what was needed - and nothing more. Giving few chances, and pushing the singles around at will.

I think this series will go to the wire, every game; and probably overall. That's exciting cricket.

And all without saying: "India are crap! SA rules! We're gonna beat you up! etc etc"

Both teams are good, both can still improve, and both are playing excellent cricket with some superb players on either side. In the words of numerous fictional characters through the years: "Can't we all just get along?"

Paelleon said:
5-0 is asking a bit much.

But I'm also not into this 'India lost because of bad umpiring, and poor bowling' line of argument. And, sorry - which war did SA and India start? I thought this was a friendly international cricket series.

I find it a great shame that so much aggression has permutated the world of international cricket. Why can we not congratulate each other - rather than be overly critical and attack other teams flaws?

What I take out of the match is:
1. New ball bowling was phenomenal by the SA side. Ntini, in particular, took his role very seriously; and attacked ruthlessly. Pollock was miserly, and created the pressure - it was the most clinical, ruthless and masterful attack I've seen yet.
2. Yuvraj played a masterful reply; with excellent stroke play, and a solid defense with his team five down and looking at both barrels.
3. Smith replied in the best fashion possible - punishing every ball that was marginally bad; and pushing the good ones around.
4. Kallis walked in, with a run rate that looked excellent, and a few quick wickets and partnered Prince superbly; playing only what was needed - and nothing more. Giving few chances, and pushing the singles around at will.

I think this series will go to the wire, every game; and probably overall. That's exciting cricket.

And all without saying: "India are crap! SA rules! We're gonna beat you up! etc etc"

Both teams are good, both can still improve, and both are playing excellent cricket with some superb players on either side. In the words of numerous fictional characters through the years: "Can't we all just get along?"

I agree! Sometimes we Indians get into this war kind of thing. Playing Pakistan has spoilt us, I think! :cool:

Anyways, I too wish and sound confident that this series is going to go down the wire. India are definitely going to pull some back in the next week. Would be good if both teams go into Mumbai with the series 2-2! Would make for a cracking finale and would be the test for India to win a final!

jk16_4 said:
btw,did anyone hear smith shouting "c'mon boys, c'mon. we'll get the big boy out" when tendulkar was at the crease ? :p
And how he was yelling:
"They are hiding Dhoni, they are holding back Dhoni!" when Pathan walked in :rtfl

I didn't like the bowling changes. Why keep Yuvraj on? It isn't a spinning wicket! They should have brought RP on, maybe Pathan. A bad day of capitancy for Dravid, he'll do better alter. His field placings were all over the place too. Smith was also lucky, saved twice in the first over. but in that cas, Yuvi must have had 50 chances at the least...

It was RSA new ball bowlers that made the difference :( We need to neutralize them.

And over and over again-JP Yadav for supersub!!!!

ZoraxDoom said:
And how he was yelling:
"They are hiding Dhoni, they are holding back Dhoni!" when Pathan walked in :rtfl

I didn't like the bowling changes. Why keep Yuvraj on? It isn't a spinning wicket! They should have brought RP on, maybe Pathan. A bad day of capitancy for Dravid, he'll do better alter. His field placings were all over the place too. Smith was also lucky, saved twice in the first over. but in that cas, Yuvi must have had 50 chances at the least...

It was RSA new ball bowlers that made the difference :( We need to neutralize them.

And over and over again-JP Yadav for supersub!!!!

But Smith's wasnt a chance. The Indian bowlers did their best to get him. The umpire didnt give him. I dont remember one instance where Yuvi was out and the umpire thought otherwise!

Yes, it was a bad day at the captaincy for Dravid. His decisions backfired heavily! RP should have come on instead of Yuvraj or Tendulkar and Pathan should have been given another chance in the end!

I think the remaining wickets arent going to be as helpful to the RSA new ball bowlers as this one was! Hope India wins the toss next game! India should bat second!

Chance was ment to indicate edges(especially through or pass fielders), LBW appeals, dropped catches, etc.

I agree with Dravid had a very bad captaincy day. But it's ok he'll improve and hope it India wins the next match and bowls first.

Dravid has had similar problems when he last captained. I hope for India's sake this was just a one of as Dravid has a very good cricketing brain.

hey guys. been a while since i came online. I wanted to know if this series can be watched live online. If anyone knows where I can watch it for a decent price please let me know. Match is being played on my bday in my hometown so i really wanna watch it!

Please let me know!

Lol, i got in trouble here because i posted a place which wasn't willow tv, and now i see a mod doing it!!!

Cricketman93 said:
Lol, i got in trouble here because i posted a place which wasn't willow tv, and now i see a mod doing it!!!

This one is legit, you actually have to pay for coverage. What you posted would have been illegal.

Oh Ok. I thought that was illegal. Anyway thanks. You know that all the last four match is Day-Night. That means in my area in USA will start at night 3:30 A.M. That's to late. Anyway who cares I'll be awake.

Its not legel if you pay for it, I bet that site is illegel. NO one would show a game for 40.00 if willow are giving it for $59.95 US!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread