South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paelleon said:
5-0 is asking a bit much.

But I'm also not into this 'India lost because of bad umpiring, and poor bowling' line of argument. And, sorry - which war did SA and India start? I thought this was a friendly international cricket series.

I find it a great shame that so much aggression has permutated the world of international cricket. Why can we not congratulate each other - rather than be overly critical and attack other teams flaws?

And all without saying: "India are crap! SA rules! We're gonna beat you up! etc etc"

Both teams are good, both can still improve, and both are playing excellent cricket with some superb players on either side. In the words of numerous fictional characters through the years: "Can't we all just get along?"

It's called a "Metaphor" -

Big_Boss said:
:happy South Africa may have won the "BATTLE" but they didn't won the "WAR" ;)

"BATTLE" = Match
"WAR" = Series

It's sounds better with it - Thats why "People" use it :rolleyes:

Pak_cricketer said:
Its not legel if you pay for it, I bet that site is illegel. NO one would show a game for 40.00 if willow are giving it for $59.95 US!

:siren So who's going to ban the Mod? :whip

:noway Say "NO" to Crime :D

vibs89 said:
What a metaphor? Well said Big_Boss.

"a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action that it does not literally apply in order to imply a resemblance e.g he is a lion in battle" - from the dictionary.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Pak_cricketer said:
Its not legel if you pay for it, I bet that site is illegel. NO one would show a game for 40.00 if willow are giving it for $59.95 US!

since they are giving it in pounds, it most probably would be for the UK netizens.. and who knows, some company from the UK might have got the rights to the matches!

Again, this is just speculation. Admins, dont mistake this as a motive by me to support those people if found illegal

Wether you have to pay for something or not does not change the legality of it.

The link posted earlier is 100% legal.

You can be sure that something is illegal if they need you to get in touch with them through MSN, or if they have no website. But even if they do have a website, and don't need contacting through MSN, it still may be illegal.

If a mod says it is legal, it's legal.

If a mod says it's illegal, it's illegal.

Just to reconfirm that the link posted by me earlier is 100% legal. And it is, as far as I know, applicable to viewers all around the globe. But I will check on that once again.

I think S.A. needs to give Klusener one last try. Based on how he is playing the Warriors' bowling, I think he has one more solid year in him.

Big_Boss said:
It's called a "Metaphor" -

"BATTLE" = Match
"WAR" = Series

It's sounds better with it - Thats why "People" use it :rolleyes:

Sorry - maybe I should have enclosed my comment with [sarcasm][/sarcasm].

But I was using it to illustrate a point. It appears as if there is a ton of aggression in cricket now - particularly India (although I don't want to single any one group out - SA fans are also blameworthy). I love the fact that cricket is being taken seriously at all levels; but I don't like the illusion to war and battle. Particularly when it is used as a vehicle to belittle any one of the sportsmen out there.

The pressure is getting rediculous, and it ruins my love of the game.

Captains insult each other, bowlers try and knock a batsman's head off - not with a delivery (that's part of the game) but AFTER bowling it, and fielders are intimidated by 'fans'. I would hate to see the game of cricket fall into the same pit of despair that clouds football (soccer - not American football).

I'm beginning to think that a good sharp war is less damaging and has less impact than a protracted cricket series.

[Again, that last statement is an exaggeration meant to illustrate a point - not an actual representation of my true feelings]

ps. I'm not trying to subvert the thread to this issue - just point out the hostility that is prevalent in the posts. I really would love to see good solid cricket being played - no matter who plays it - and not feel like if I wear green and gold in a cricket stadium in India then I will fall victim to a mass hysteria induced ripping of my limbs from my sockets.

andrew_nixon said:
Wether you have to pay for something or not does not change the legality of it.

The link posted earlier is 100% legal.

You can be sure that something is illegal if they need you to get in touch with them through MSN, or if they have no website. But even if they do have a website, and don't need contacting through MSN, it still may be illegal.

If a mod says it is legal, it's legal.

If a mod says it's illegal, it's illegal.

Great! Thanks for clarifying it.

pal said:
I think S.A. needs to give Klusener one last try. Based on how he is playing the Warriors' bowling, I think he has one more solid year in him.

Oh! He is one of the most exciting players that I've ever seen. Would be good if he comes back but thankfully, he is not coming during the India series (unless some one gets seriously injured!).

saisrini80 said:
Great! Thanks for clarifying it.

Oh! He is one of the most exciting players that I've ever seen. Would be good if he comes back but thankfully, he is not coming during the India series (unless some one gets seriously injured!).
South Africa is building their team for the 2007 World Cup with some young exciting players.I used to play school level cricket with Jacques Rudolph.Him captaining our team.Currently he's lost some form, but i can't wait to see him return to his best form.Sure,Klusener is a great player.But i can't see him going to World Cup 2007 nor being selected for the current South African squad.There is so much depth in South African cricket, with some players better than Klusener not even getting a run.

yep same here i dont see how klusener will get back into the south african side

Kemp is their Klusener, and SA have a few more all rounders around these days. There is no hope for Klusener unless SA run into major injury problems.

Tonight was the first time that I came accross this forum,what I find amasing is how much you guys actually know about South African cricket and players.In your opinion,which South African player can play a major role on this current tour of India?I would love to know what a non-South African think.

Kemp is the next Klusner. But I don't think he will come back again. He's such a great player. Loved it playing in WC99 thrashing all the teams mostly. And he's a good alllrounder too. In his debut againts India picked up 7 wickets.

vibs89 said:
Loved it playing in WC99 thrashing all the teams mostly

Is 'Klusener' an object?

Coming to the match which is to start in 9 hrs, who should open the Indian bowling attack? I think Irfan can now be made first change bowler. RP Singh has the same pace as Irfan has to be the opening bowler. Added to it, RP Singh has consistency! In fact in the opening game, on the average speeds, RP Singh was the fastest by at least 2kms or more though Pathan bowled the fastest delivery! HE also can extract bounce on any surface!

RP Singh and Agarkar can open the attack and Pathan can come in one change!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread