South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pakistan beat england in home ground and india...............u tell me

BTW SA have only beaten India once and that was ODIs. That doesn't mean anything given the hit and miss nature of ODIs.

Regarding the new ball attack, its got to be agarkar and pathan. just because these are the guys who have more chances of swinging the ball. RP is more of a hit the deck bowler and him being economical, he might be the ideal one as first change.

regarding the sub, its got to be yadav, who should he replace. Ideally it will be a batsman if India bats first. But think over it. Considering the amount of dew that could come play, its got to be a spinner who should be replaced. If India bowl first, use both Kartik and Bajji, and when its our turn to bat, replace RP with Yadav when batting. Bat first, bring in Yadav instead of Kartik(you can bring bajji first and gauge how effective kartik will be by the amount of spin and the dew before bringing in Yadav). That could make it four seamers and a spinner. With the dew, Yadav can be extremely effective with his wicket-to-wicket bowling. Ideal!

sinkwood said:
pakistan beat england in home ground and india...............u tell me

The winning streak etc etc doesnt work all the time. england won the ashes just before this tour ! inspite of that they lost the first test against pakistan.

india won the series 6-1 against SL but inspite of that they lost the first match against SA.

Hope India wins :upray :upray :upray today and pull of some effort. RP Singh replace Pathan As a matter of a fact RP Singh is an economical bowling. So he can open with Agarkar. Then later Pathan should come down as along with spinners whoever will come to attack.

Cmon India you can do it!
Likely teams according to cricinfo

India (likely): 1 Virender Sehwag, 2 Sachin Tendulkar, 3 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), 4 Mohammad Kaif, 5 Rahul Dravid (capt), 6 Yuvraj Singh, 7 Irfan Pathan, 8 Ajit Agarkar, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Murali Kartik, 11 RP Singh. Supersub: JP Yadav.

South Africa (likely): 1 Graeme Smith (capt), 2 AB de Villiers, 3 Justin Ontong, 4 Jacques Kallis, 5 Andrew Hall, 6 Justin Kemp, 7 Mark Boucher, 8 Shaun Pollock, 9 Andre Nel, 10, Johan Botha, 11 Makhaya Ntini. Supersub: Robin Peterson.

saisrini80 said:
I am talking about tomorrow's match. After the very good showing so far, Ajit Agarkar can never be dropped. He and RP Singh have been our best bowlers so far in this season against Sri Lanka and the first ODI against South Africa!

One needs to be logical and shouldnt say based on their hatred for a person!

Yes, I think tomorrow JP Yadav seems set for a call to the final XII

Thank you and wish the same to your team!

i never said who was going to be 2nd change... :rolleyes: Im sorry sai its just i haven't seen him play in like forever and its hard to belive he's gotton good! :eek:

dniniyan said:
Regarding the new ball attack, its got to be agarkar and pathan. just because these are the guys who have more chances of swinging the ball. RP is more of a hit the deck bowler and him being economical, he might be the ideal one as first change.

regarding the sub, its got to be yadav, who should he replace. Ideally it will be a batsman if India bats first. But think over it. Considering the amount of dew that could come play, its got to be a spinner who should be replaced. If India bowl first, use both Kartik and Bajji, and when its our turn to bat, replace RP with Yadav when batting. Bat first, bring in Yadav instead of Kartik(you can bring bajji first and gauge how effective kartik will be by the amount of spin and the dew before bringing in Yadav). That could make it four seamers and a spinner. With the dew, Yadav can be extremely effective with his wicket-to-wicket bowling. Ideal!

Genius!!

crap!!!!!

teams:

South Africa team: (from)
*GC Smith, AB de Villiers, JH Kallis, AG Prince, +MV Boucher,
JM Kemp, J Botha, AJ Hall, A Nel, M Ntini, SM Pollock,
JL Ontong, RJ Peterson, JA Morkel, CK Langeveldt.

India team: (from)
V Sehwag, SR Tendulkar, M Kaif, *R Dravid, Yuvraj Singh,
IK Pathan, +MS Dhoni, AB Agarkar, Harbhajan Singh, RP Singh,
M Kartik, G Gambhir, S Santh, SK Raina, Jai P Yadav.

Gambhir is the super sub :(

Rahul Dravid chose to field first on his home ground as India looked to bounce back in the second game of the five-match series against South Africa. The pitch had a coarse look about it and there was a hint that it might assist the spinners throughout. Also, the dew factor may come into play later in the evening, a factor that could have influenced Dravid's decision at the toss.

India decided to go in with an unchanged side and batting second meant that they could utilise the services of Gautam Gambhir, the Supersub, if needed. It's was a special game for Sachin Tendulkar, who equaled Wasim Akram's record for 356 ODI caps, the most number by any player.

South Africa were forced to leave out Charl Langeveldt, owing was suffering from a sore back, and replaced him with Andrew Hall, the allrounder. Justin Ontong was retained as the Supersub. A loss here could be a priceless result for South Africa as only two sides in the history of one-day cricket have come back to win a five-match series after being 0-2 down. Victory here will also be special for another reason: they will equal Australia's record of going 21 successive games undefeated.

Teams

India 1 Virender Sehwag, 2 Sachin Tendulkar, 3 Mohammad Kaif, 4 Rahul Dravid, 5 Yuvraj Singh, 6 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), 7 Irfan Pathan, 8 Ajit Agarkar, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Murali Kartik, 11 RP Singh. Supersub: Gautam Gambhir

South Africa 1 Graeme Smith (capt), 2 AB de Villiers, 3 Ashwell Prince, 4 Jacques Kallis, 5 Andrew Hall, 6 Justin Kemp, 7 Mark Boucher (wk), 8 Shaun Pollock, 9 Andre Nel, 10, Johan Botha, 11 Makhaya Ntini. Supersub: Justin Ontong

Siddhartha Vaidyanathan is staff writer of Cricinfo

Last edited:
sinkwood said:
wating for 21st victory i think south africa is no 1 team
south africa beat india in slow or desi pitch so bad i think pakistan is better then u

ha ha.. one defeat and you say pakistan is better than india? lets decide that next year when we come over to pakistan! but right now, that one defeat doesnt say anything abt who is in which place..

desi pitch? hyderabad was more closely familiar to the south africans with that early seam movement and assistance.

Pathan is a strange bowler. When theres something in the wicket or if he swings it he is fantastic. If not hes very expensive.

3 huge wickets. A wicket in the first over is always huge, whoever it is. India just need to remember about Kemp etc. I am sure SA will pull back at some stage.

Go India.

Users who are viewing this thread