South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
saisrini80 said:
ha ha.. one defeat and you say pakistan is better than india? lets decide that next year when we come over to pakistan! but right now, that one defeat doesnt say anything abt who is in which place..

desi pitch? hyderabad was more closely familiar to the south africans with that early seam movement and assistance.
Pakistan beat India 4-2 the last time they met in an ODI series. And the fact that India were leading 2-1 or 2-0 I think, hurts even more.

And I fully agree that the pitch suits the S Africans more because of the seam and swing assistance. The Indians might find it a bit hard to chase a score of more than 230 here.

India will find it hard to score in those conditions, also the sa bowlers are on fire, right now the score is 66-4 in the 20th over.

sinkwood said:
wating for 21st victory i think south africa is no 1 team
south africa beat india in slow or desi pitch so bad i think pakistan is better then u

Mate thier is no way that South africa is the no1 team in the world, at present Australia still is in both odi and tests, remember Sinkwood when India beat Pakistan in both test and odi series in Pakistan. India has better players then the Pakistani team.

Australia is the best team. After them theses a bunch of teams who are pretty even.

Being neutral I believe that India are looking a better side then Pakistan at present.

Last edited:
The south africans am going slow at the moment 82-4 in the 25th over, India looking for a 3rd straight maiden over. Kartic and H singh keeping the runs down at the moment. I'm just thinking can India face off the mighty south african pace attack in these conditions?.

Last edited:
3 maidens in a row. Amazing stuff. I wonder what the record is in ODI's for consecutive maidens.

I don't know what Dravid is giving Sehwag a bowl. Singh is doing a fantastic job :(

EDIT: I take that back, another wicket. Good move. Despite the bad decision according to cricinfo.

Last edited:
Looks like India will have to bat pretty damn shockingly to lose this. Haha SA looks like the end of your non-losing thing.

HAHA I want India to end thier unbeaten running streak, while the south africans will be pissed off looking at the score right now in order to beat Australias record and break the world record, the score now is 104-6 in the 35th over. looks like South africa's not going to get more then 200, your right irottev India will have to bay shockingly to lose this match. COME ON INDIA!!!!!!!.

Looking at Murali Kartics figures 8 overs, 4 maidens for 10 runs and no wickets at an eco rate at 1.20 an over!.

u indians cheapsters y u minus my points hey planetcricket admin notis this y indian cut my points

tell me y he she cut my points

That was a wonderful performance in the field by india!!! South Africa bundled out for 170! Everyone chipped in, either with the ball or in the field. I thought Pathan was the pick of the bowlers, LOTS OF SWING!! Then cam the spinners: WOW! Mulari Kartick bowled superbly and deserved a wicket, which he would have gotton on the last ball of his spell, but harper shot it down. Harbajan bowled with venom; the catch of Kemp by RP Singh was absolutley amazing!! Yuvraj was okay...got a wicket! Sehwag bowled really well, too. I've never seen him like this!! The whole team seems like they're at their best. I have to admit, Agarkar bowled well. In the last over of the innings that Jonhan guy smashed him for runs, but that reverse swing was sweet! The yorker to dismiss Ntini was absolutly awesome! :happy I'm happy with my teams performance today, and we should get this target easily. South Africa can kiss their winning streak goodbye.

sinkwood said:
u indians cheapsters y u minus my points hey planetcricket admin notis this y indian cut my points

tell me y he she cut my points

siinkwood, stop being racist! if u always target us because we are indian, than we have the right to give u minus points!!! Stop always saying bad stuff against us indians im SICK OF IT!!!! :mad

Iam not too impressed with the B`lore wicket to be honest . We all like to see our home team winning but I do not like to see these one-sided contests . SA as we all know are quite ordinary against spin and the way they played , it seemed as if it was the last day of a test match where they were playing for a draw .
Having said that, you`ve got to expect turners in the subcontinent .
Pollock might just be the bowler on this track for SA with his cutters . Botha who looked impressive in the last game will have to bowl out of his skin to make a match of this . Otherwise, I do not feel that the likes of Smith and Ontong will be effective against this Indian lineup . Ntini is a `hit the deck` type of a bowler and that might help the batsmen . The wicket might keep lower though in the second innings .
Australians can now feel reasonably secure about their record !

India only need 170 to win with a batting order right down to number 10. cricketman 93 I agree about evreything you said in your last post.

India is improving very much they have got good classy players in there side
no comparison with Pakistan at the moment both are evenly balanced side
may the best side win in the next Indo-Pak series it will be a very tough series for both rivals
Back to topic SA is in bad position,India should win this one to end there winning streak :)
& please sinkwood stop being so patriotic,we are discussing over SA vs India,not India Vs Pakistan

what a good performance...this is not too threatening a wicket and a total of 230 was still being said as competitive. India have done too well to be in this position now. barring a miracle, today south africa are ending their unbeaten winning streak! I am elated at the Indian fightback so far and its time Sehwag rubs it in with a scintillating innings! He needs to score to be in the team! A good rollicking start from Sehwag-Tendulkar is what the crowd needs to enthrall themselves in a one sided contest so far! We knew that India cant be kept out of the victory column for long! We are a revitalised team now! Our fielding today was terrific as usual. Did you guys see RP Singh's catch of Kemp? WOW!!! It was a blinder at deep mid wicket!!! Our fielders keep repeatedly hitting the stumps!

sinkwood, ur posts have been so that you deserve negative reps. i havent yet given you one but your posts just seem to be one - AGAINST INDIA! Even at the cost of reality! Grow up dude! Learn to accept reality!

scorpion_rulezz said:
India is improving very much they have got good classy players in there side
no comparison with Pakistan at the moment both are evenly balanced side
may the best side win in the next Indo-Pak series it will be a very tough series for both rivals
Back to topic SA is in bad position,India should win this one to end there winning streak :)
& please sinkwood stop being so patriotic,we are discussing over SA vs India,not India Vs Pakistan

Awesome post! I agree completely! India arent a great side going by the record in recent times but the improvement has been tremendous to suggest that the team will be among the top sides in intl. cricket!

Going a bit off topic, I think the IND-Pak series in 2006 is going to be a cracker!

Cricketman93 said:
dninyan has said that once, I have been saying that the entire thread! :mad:

Cricketman93 said:
That was a wonderful performance in the field by india!!! South Africa bundled out for 170! Everyone chipped in, either with the ball or in the field. I thought Pathan was the pick of the bowlers, LOTS OF SWING!! Then cam the spinners: WOW! Mulari Kartick bowled superbly and deserved a wicket, which he would have gotton on the last ball of his spell, but harper shot it down. Harbajan bowled with venom; the catch of Kemp by RP Singh was absolutley amazing!! Yuvraj was okay...got a wicket! Sehwag bowled really well, too. I've never seen him like this!! The whole team seems like they're at their best. I have to admit, Agarkar bowled well. In the last over of the innings that Jonhan guy smashed him for runs, but that reverse swing was sweet! The yorker to dismiss Ntini was absolutly awesome! :happy I'm happy with my teams performance today, and we should get this target easily. South Africa can kiss their winning streak goodbye.

Took the words out of my mouth :clap
Great minds think alike, ay? ;)

India rocked today! Cricketman, that was like, the exact thing i was about to type! :eek: !!! India should win this hands down. I'll go bet some VCash now....;)

Users who are viewing this thread