South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The bowling combinations are going to be interesting. What hurt india in the last game was Murali Karthik, who couldn't play because Gambhir came in. Since Bangalore is going to be some turner, India would want Karthik in. Agarkar and RPS can open the bowling and we can bring Pathan anytime. Remember that Pathan can swing the ball into the batsman and that'll be vital for the Indians despite being a placid pitch.

With Bhajji in nice form and Karthik in as well, it'll be tough for the S.African's in the middle overs. The crucial part of this game is how both teams handle the last 10-15 overs. Its a batting track so its very important to take advantage of it.

As for the batting line-up, we should have either Pathan or Dhoni or may be even Yuvraj up the order. Dhoni/Pathan would be ideal as Yuvraj takes some time to settle down. This will help in unsettling the bowler's rhythm and if india are able to do that...then the advantage is with them.

Toss can be a factor due to some moisture on the surface, so having JP Yadav as a super-sub would be ideal.

I will only be able to chat again after the match.I honestly hope that this will be a great game and that both teams play to their potential so that us,the supporters, see a cracker.Good luck with your team! - to ALL Indian supporters.

Cricketman93 said:
Irfan and RP. then Sree should come 1st change.

I am talking about tomorrow's match. After the very good showing so far, Ajit Agarkar can never be dropped. He and RP Singh have been our best bowlers so far in this season against Sri Lanka and the first ODI against South Africa!

One needs to be logical and shouldnt say based on their hatred for a person!

cricket_lover said:
The bowling combinations are going to be interesting. What hurt india in the last game was Murali Karthik, who couldn't play because Gambhir came in. Since Bangalore is going to be some turner, India would want Karthik in. Agarkar and RPS can open the bowling and we can bring Pathan anytime. Remember that Pathan can swing the ball into the batsman and that'll be vital for the Indians despite being a placid pitch.

With Bhajji in nice form and Karthik in as well, it'll be tough for the S.African's in the middle overs. The crucial part of this game is how both teams handle the last 10-15 overs. Its a batting track so its very important to take advantage of it.

As for the batting line-up, we should have either Pathan or Dhoni or may be even Yuvraj up the order. Dhoni/Pathan would be ideal as Yuvraj takes some time to settle down. This will help in unsettling the bowler's rhythm and if india are able to do that...then the advantage is with them.

Toss can be a factor due to some moisture on the surface, so having JP Yadav as a super-sub would be ideal.

Yes, I think tomorrow JP Yadav seems set for a call to the final XII

T Kritzinger said:
I will only be able to chat again after the match.I honestly hope that this will be a great game and that both teams play to their potential so that us,the supporters, see a cracker.Good luck with your team! - to ALL Indian supporters.

Thank you and wish the same to your team!

saisrini80 said:
Coming to the match which is to start in 9 hrs, who should open the Indian bowling attack? I think Irfan can now be made first change bowler. RP Singh has the same pace as Irfan has to be the opening bowler. Added to it, RP Singh has consistency! In fact in the opening game, on the average speeds, RP Singh was the fastest by at least 2kms or more though Pathan bowled the fastest delivery! HE also can extract bounce on any surface!

RP Singh and Agarkar can open the attack and Pathan can come in one change!

Yeah you're right Sai. I agree with you that RP Singh and Agarkar should open bowling first and as about Pathan should come in top order.

Well I dont mind Bhajji in even opening and Sachin at no.11. And Yeah Dravid as super-sub who dont bat.

sachinisgod2 said:
why not Agarkar as one change. Pathan can swing the new ball.

The thing is, Agarkar is bowling well when he is opening the attack. He has been successful so far and has been surprisingly very consistent! And importantly, he has picked up wickets consistently! He has 14 wickets in 7 matches! So he is right now our best bowler and should be continued at the top of the order. RP Singh has surged ahead of Pathan in his consistency and wickets and should be put to the top. Pathan doesnt have bounce to trouble the batsmen! RP has it! IN these conditions, Pathan isnt going to get huge swing. Its going to be a day/night game and so, the early morning assistance is going to disappear!

So I cant see why RP cant replace Pathan at the top of the bowling attack

sachinisgod2 said:
Well I dont mind Bhajji in even opening and Sachin at no.11. And Yeah Dravid as super-sub who dont bat.

Well i don't know what you mean by this post, doesn't make any sense.

cricket_lover said:
Well i don't know what you mean by this post, doesn't make any sense.

I THINK he was trying to be sarcastic !

anyways..... yeah... i agree with sai there. RP and agarkar can open the bowling attack and pathan can give company to bhajji :p

btw, what do you guys think. should india choose to bat / field after winning the toss ?? i'd say bat because its going to be difficult to grip the ball due to the dew factor !

Last edited:
If the pitch is good bat first, if not bowl first. Last time they batted first on a pace friendly wicket India were 5/30 so clearly that isn't the time to bat first.

wating for 21st victory i think south africa is no 1 team
south africa beat india in slow or desi pitch so bad i think pakistan is better then u

No way SA is the number 1 side. They have yet to beat the number 1 side. They were lucky to beat the Kiwis, if the Black Caps had a in form team they would have killed SA.

sinkwood said:
wating for 21st victory i think south africa is no 1 team
south africa beat india in slow or desi pitch so bad i think pakistan is better then u

first of all, SA is not the no.1 team !

i have no objection with your excitement about their not so sure 21st victory but what does pakistan have to do with this ??

Users who are viewing this thread