South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question is will 250 odd be enough? We will find out!
Pathan opening is a no no, that is just too far and you can't expect him to open on a green wicket especially with the series in the balance.

India coming back strong, a brilliant partnership between Y singh and Kaif, India are on 156-5 in the 36th over with Dhoni still to come, I think 250 will be enough on this pitch.

NOOOOOOO and Y singh is out, a vital blow to India, 6 wkts down now for 156 runs, India will do very well to get to 250, the games still in the balance.

The promising Botha gets Yuvraj Singh. It was a good 53 by him though unlike a certain Sehwag that threw his wicket away. Perfect time for Dhoni to come in. 13 overs left, so 3 overs for Dhoni to get in then cya later ball. :)

Ordinary performance from India so far! I think we might have to wait for Mumbai to level the series... 188 just isnt enough in this dew laden conditions! Dhoni totally out of form and that showed in his batting. Bad ploy to send Irfan to open. Either Sehwag or Tendulkar should have opened with Gambhir. You need experience there when the pitch is this way (i still feel its the ploy of the curator to show his loyalty to ganguly!). Yuvraj and Kaif batted well but Yuvraj relaxed after his 50 and that proved to be his downfall.

If Pathan can get it swinging for the Indians, then we might have some interesting moments! But I just cant see India getting away from now on with guys like Kallis, Kemp, Prince, Boucher and Pollock to bat! Its bad luck for the Indians today! I didnt expect this sort of a pitch

I agree 188 is not enough for the talented south african batting line up, I was hoping for a great game today as well, but the game is not over yet.

Indiangod said:
I agree 188 is not enough for the talented south african batting line up, I was hoping for a great game today as well, but the game is not over yet.

yeah, i too dont want to close the game out of my mind yet... i know pathan can get some swing here.... if agarkar continues his good show and harbhajan gets some bounce and they keep the ball dry, some chance...

if sachin fails next match, he is the one who has to face the music. if chappell doesnt want ganguly because of his form, sachin has hit a bad form yet again. if he fails in mumbai, i would say he also should be treated the same way that a ganguly is treated! why be unfair to saurav? and i wish chappell throws off this 'disturbing influence' thing! its nonsense. these guys are mature individuals and not school kids. they know how to handle intense and pressure situations! we need to give importance to only stats, form, fitness and to factors that relates to one's game.

i wonder why raina is not being given a chance here in this series? he is not experimentation. he proved he can bat in tense situations when he scored that 39 in the Pune ODI when India were 180/6...

The Indian bowlers should steem into the batsmen, India should have slips and gully's no point defending a score of 188, just attack all the way, dont give up the fight. India needs tight bowling and fielding, I belive India can pull it off, they have showed it in the past, the Indian bowlers are on top form, in a crucial game like this this will really test them.

I agree Chappell should do the same thing to Sachin what he did to Ganguly.

Lol!! I just saw a news in an Indian News Channel called Headlines Today. I saw that Greg Chappel showed a middle finger to someone and that too in Kolkatta. I don't know what's the full story thought. But will find out later.

Edit- Lol India lost. They couldn't even mangae to get 1 wicket that sucks. Bring Zaheer in SA will be ****ed up. Well I just hope India levels the series in Mumbai and another Important is that India should bowl first if they win the toss. Cause in Mumbai the picth is always green which is specially for seamers.

Last edited:
South africa won by 10 wickets by ease, India could'ent manage to get even 1 wicket, oh well the series is not lost, we can square the series 2-2 if we win in Mumbai, a dissapointing performance by India.

I'll bet you SA will win the series. For sure. India can do nothing againts SA. SA are currently the world best team.

The Indian cricket team sucks.

I guess that's a hyperbole, but I'm very disheartened by the performance.

pal said:

Yap you're right. They can do ****. India couldn't even manage to pick one wicket that's obvious. I mean comeon. India should be shame on their self. A huge patnership of 189 Runs!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!.

pal said:

I guess that's a hyperbole, but I'm very disheartened by the performance.

i too feel the same way.

also, i totally agree with sai abt tendulkars performace. he hasnt performed since last 6 matches :eek:
india have gone TOO far with their experiment. i hope they dont make dravid as the super-sub :p

I don't why you guys pick on Tendulkar nobody has perform today and you start blabaring about Tendulkar performance. Then Tomorrow you'll say Dravid is not performing in batting and then you'll say Chappel should take action againts Rahul to step down just as Gangulyb as it goes on and on.. What the hell??? Why do you keep on picking someone. Think before you say. He will perform as he get settle to the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread