South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dhoni at 3 for this game, and i think Sehwag should open. Gambhir has to be shown the door, not because he did anything wrong just because that is what the team needs. Yes, i agree with Sai that Yadav would be the Ideal Super Sub and RP also has to be shown the door.

Gambhir dropped? That makes no sense, since this lad has shown a lot of maturity, much more than Sehwag, who must realise that he cannot get away with his gung-ho batting all the time.

Though Sachin-Sehwag look very dangerous as an opening pair, I think Sachin-Gambhir or Sehwag-Gambhir looks a lot more stable and reliable. A left-right hand pair will always cause bowlers problems early on.

aussie1st said:
SA have won the crucial toss and surpise surpise elected to bowl.

Its not a surprise... The wicket has a tinge of grass on it and willgive a lot of assistance to the pace bowlers early on.. Sehwag and Tendulkar (or whoever opens!) have to be very careful not to give away the advantage. We know what the SA can do (we saw it at Hyderabad!). So a guarded approach by Sehwag (who is used to it in tests!) would do very good.

This is what a real challenge is.. Team India needs to grab it and just push itself out of such a tough situation!

P.s: Why is the grass being retained? Is it probably because the curator misses his Bengal Tiger so much? :rolleyes:

saisrini80 said:
Its not a surprise... The wicket has a tinge of grass on it and willgive a lot of assistance to the pace bowlers early on.. Sehwag and Tendulkar (or whoever opens!) have to be very careful not to give away the advantage. We know what the SA can do (we saw it at Hyderabad!). So a guarded approach by Sehwag (who is used to it in tests!) would do very good.

This is what a real challenge is.. Team India needs to grab it and just push itself out of such a tough situation!

P.s: Why is the grass being retained? Is it probably because the curator misses his Bengal Tiger so much? :rolleyes:

It was one of those sarcastic remarks.

BTW India went too far. Pathan opening? What on earth are you guys thinking. He was working at number 3 not number 1. You also have a more than capable opener in Tendulkar who now is in anyway and India have wasted a wicket.

he is out ! what a reckless shot at this stage of the match. :mad
if this partnership breaks soon, then its all over for india :(

Pollock having a ripper yet again on a seaming Indian pitch. Already 3 wickets, he is looking in very good form with the ball now.

Oh dear, the curse of batting first has take India again.
They wall is out, Kaif and Yuvraj Singh are in now.

I again question why did India produce a green pitch?

India on the backfoot still on 129-5 in the 31st over, Y singh and Kaif repairing things for India, Pollock has bowled brilliant, thiers still Dhoni to come, I think a score around 240 is good enough.

Just watched the score. India was in all sorts of problems again. Luckily for India the middle order helped them again. Yuvraj Singh and Kaif will bring them to a respectable total. Surprised to see Pathan started opening the innings. This time it didn't work out for him.

Users who are viewing this thread