South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hence the reason not to build an indoor stadium :) Imagine watching cricket in a indoor stadium. That would be 10 times hotter than normal!

aussie1st said:
Hence the reason not to build an indoor stadium :) Imagine watching cricket in a indoor stadium. That would be 10 times hotter than normal!

unless they add a temperature cooling system like the telstra dome ;)

Yup. Indoor stadiums usually are air-conditioned.

I think South Africa will win in Calcutta, and then India will level the series 2-2 in Mumbai.

cricket_lover said:
I thought Zaheer Khan should be included for the last two ODI's. He's in amazing form and you don't what the player to be discouraged. He performs and he needs a place in the team.

the thing is Zaheer never gives a good performance when he is in the team.

m_vaughan said:
Yup. Indoor stadiums usually are air-conditioned.

I think South Africa will win in Calcutta, and then India will level the series 2-2 in Mumbai.

I think it might be otherwise! India winning in Calcutta and SA levelling in Mumbai

I hope not though. India have to pull off the next game and put some pressure on the South Africans. Then, we could win the last game! :happy

South Africa have never ever won at the Edens Garden.
I expect it to be a close 3-1 to India.

is there any signs of rain in calcutta ? and is the eden gardens bowler friendly or a batting track ?

if india win this game, then they can drop a hell lot of pressure from their shoulders.

i too hope for india to win 3-1 but i am trying to keep myself away from that feeling as a reverse would make me too disappointed...

Kolkatta is generally a batting track with help for spinners as the match progresses! I have the sneak feeling India will win batting first this time if they are made or elect to bat first! Botha and Ontong arent great spinners and couldnt trouble the Indian batsman in Bangalore. I am sure Harbhajan and Kartik would have bowled much much better in Bangalore had they bowled second! They are highly experienced spinners and India dont need to worry if they bowl second as they have Harbhajan and Kartik.. The thing Dravid needs to do is appoint 3-4 players to constantly wipe off the ball and keep it dry.

We need to beat the conditions. I feel Dravid is going to do what I want him to do - BAT FIRST and beat the conditions!

jk16_4 said:
is there any signs of rain in calcutta ? and is the eden gardens bowler friendly or a batting track ?

if india win this game, then they can drop a hell lot of pressure from their shoulders.

no problem of rain in kolkatta and as far as i have heard, not much threat of rain in mumbai too...

first of all, its good that there are no signs of rain :)

now, i am really irritated with "the toss being crucial" or if you loose the toss, you are short of confidence thing. if we want to make a mark as the no.1 team or somewhere near it, we should not rely too much on toss. ok, i admit that toss plays an important role in few pitches but our attitude is like "if we loose the toss, our chances of winning are minimized".

what the heck... c'mon guys, with such class players , we dont need to worry too much on the freakin toss and stuff.

another thing is with the "dew factor". if you are so afraid of the dew, then why keep D/N matches where its like team winning the toss has an undue advantage ! and if i am not mistaken, this dew factor is only in the subcontinent right ?

Last edited:
this dew factor is only in the sub continent.. i have not heard of it being elsewhere! but it adds to the variety. teams need to learn how to counter the dew... south africa cant blame the dew for their loss in bangalore. they didnt have a total at all on the first hand to challenge the indians. and their bowling is inexperienced (except for Pollock and Ntini to some extent!). even in ahmedabad, we did well except for the arnold-dilshan pair that took the game away from us

Indians should not worry about dew factor but SA is going to have a lot of trouble if they bowl second.

This toss is crucial. Yeah and its a lot more crucial considering the person who loses has to bowl in the worst conditions, bat in the worst conditions and has 1 less player than the other team at their use.

I'm surpised with the type of pitches India have come on with. I thought they would all be good for batting. Thus the toss shouldn't really matter if you bowl well enough. Even chasing 280+ is very possible as India have shown. Thats the type of pitch you want. Where it is fair to both sides.

India should ideally go with Yadav as the super sub and drop RP Singh (tough luck but shouldnt be a big worry!). RP hasnt done anything wrong at all but we need to have Yadav as back up if the things at the toss goes wrong. He can bat as well as bowl. He might not be needed for batting at all but he will be needed to bowl tight for us.

India if they lose the toss and bat first, still have a chance to win! I am betting on them to win batting first!

Users who are viewing this thread