South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regarding Ganguly it is more like "survival of the fittest", if he can do well in domestic and international matches, he will get a chance. If not, bad luck.

Kolkata has been a dustbowl over the years and it will be interesting to see the bowling composition of the team. May be Two seamers and two spinners, just like Bangalore?

saisrini80 said:
Match abandoned!

Irritating! Chennai gets deprived of a completed match yet again! Is it the work of some vested interests to spoil the name of Chennai by staging matches at this time period? I know it might sound silly but I dont know why I get this feeling!

Gear up to see the first test between India and Sri Lanka being washed out too (unless the weather improves dramatically)! This is nasty from the BCCI to have matches in Chennai at this time! They know it rains hard here!

It is quite stupid giving games to Chennai when its more than likely going to rain. Also the drainage system isn't world class so the chances of play after rain is very small.
Just move the game to a part of India which is hot as always :cool:

ya..there was no rain from morning but they hadn't cleared the waters...
They must have a better drainage & water removal system.

That is really poor work by the ground. If its not raining you expect to see play underway may be an hour after it stopped raining. I hope Chennai get it's ground sorted for future matches down there in the monsoon season.

India 3-1!! :happy

this is sad news....lol all my friends from India always go to the matches. (they live in Chennai...)

ON FRIDAY: Please do my request as i am eagerly awaiting this overlay made by the great aussie1st! :)

You will have to get them soon as I'm going on holiday in early Dec so I won't be able to make it until I come back in Jan.

I should be able to get it next match if possible.. i doubt if i can get wagon wheels and all that... but i will try to get as many screens as possible..

to aussie1st: i dont think the first test venue against sri lanka can be changed now. lets hope for no rain, thats all!

I hope the current BCCI committee is defeated in the elections and the new committee which comes to power changes the itineary for the england tour and awards a test to Chennai... coz in March-April, chennai is the most exciting place to play cricket in.. it will also tax the england cricketers no end with sweltering heat & humidity and will give the advantage to the indian players who are used to such heat!

Last edited:
Well the ICC too is angry with the BCCI now that they have'nt given the venues for the ICC Champions Trophy.

aussie1st said:
It is quite stupid giving games to Chennai when its more than likely going to rain. Also the drainage system isn't world class so the chances of play after rain is very small.
Just move the game to a part of India which is hot as always :cool:
In fact , Chennai is a one of the most hottest places in India .
For your information, the northern part of India and the west coast recieves rainfall during the months of june to September and the South India and Sri Lanka during the months of October and November.
So , it was a blunder by the BCCI to allot matches to Chennai uring November when it usually rains there rather than th month of March when England will be visiting India .

Chennai public is one of the most knowledgable in the country and the crowds here support both the sides .
It has witnessed great matchs in the past but the BCCI hav made a mess of all that with the matchs alloted to Chennai during Nov-Dec for the past 3 years . Can`t they at least learn from their past mistakes ?

and as I typ , Ganguly has been included in the test side . I feel this in not right because Ganguly is not the best in tests . His records show that he is more valuable as a ODI batsman than a test match player. Also, he has seldom won test matches or saved them for India (the only one that springs to mind is Brisbane 2003)
Gsnguly has always been a great ODI batsman and an average test batsman .
And why has Zaheer not been selected ? He performed superbly in th Duleep Trophy . I cannot find any reason for his non-inclusion . I think we need his experience in tests . Ajit Agarkar may have taken wickets in the ODIs but he has not been the best in test matches and we cannot rely on him to win us test matches . Zaheer has 5 wicket hauls abroad and had performed well in the home series against Australia in 2004 though he did not get many wickets .

Why on earth the BCCI gave the match to Chennai at this stage of the year is beyond me. They know India well enough so why give a city that has a high probablity of rain a match when other parts of the country are dry. It could kill this series as who ever wins the next match knows they can't lose the series.

aditya123 said:
In fact , Chennai is a one of the most hottest places in India .
For your information, the northern part of India and the west coast recieves rainfall during the months of june to September and the South India and Sri Lanka during the months of October and November.
So , it was a blunder by the BCCI to allot matches to Chennai uring November when it usually rains there rather than th month of March when England will be visiting India .

Chennai public is one of the most knowledgable in the country and the crowds here support both the sides .
It has witnessed great matchs in the past but the BCCI hav made a mess of all that with the matchs alloted to Chennai during Nov-Dec for the past 3 years . Can`t they at least learn from their past mistakes ?

and as I typ , Ganguly has been included in the test side . I feel this in not right because Ganguly is not the best in tests . His records show that he is more valuable as a ODI batsman than a test match player. Also, he has seldom won test matches or saved them for India (the only one that springs to mind is Brisbane 2003)
Gsnguly has always been a great ODI batsman and an average test batsman .
And why has Zaheer not been selected ? He performed superbly in th Duleep Trophy . I cannot find any reason for his non-inclusion . I think we need his experience in tests . Ajit Agarkar may have taken wickets in the ODIs but he has not been the best in test matches and we cannot rely on him to win us test matches . Zaheer has 5 wicket hauls abroad and had performed well in the home series against Australia in 2004 though he did not get many wickets .

Keep this Ganguly discussion out of this thread plz.. Already we have some topics that slightly deviate from the South Africa-India series like Chennai, its weather, etc..

I agree - Chennai shouldnt be awarded a match at this time when it rains hard here. It either doesnt rain at all or rains damn hard in Chennai!

May be build an indoor stadium in Chennai? :D

I thought Zaheer Khan should be included for the last two ODI's. He's in amazing form and you don't what the player to be discouraged. He performs and he needs a place in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread