South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why not try Dhoni as opener. That way he doesn't have to worry about wickets as the guy at the other end will have that worry. Tendulkar, Dravid make a very solid middle order. Pathan seems to be who they are using at 3. He seems to play a Ponting type roll where he is always aggressive no matter what the situation.

aussie1st said:
Why not try Dhoni as opener. That way he doesn't have to worry about wickets as the guy at the other end will have that worry. Tendulkar, Dravid make a very solid middle order. Pathan seems to be who they are using at 3. He seems to play a Ponting type roll where he is always aggressive no matter what the situation.

Yup! That is one that India might consider doing! Tendulkar seriously needs to pick up his game soon. But also the Bangalore game cant be used as a reason for him to be shifted to the middle order. Even Gambhir was slow to start with and he succeeded when he opened out.. Tendulkar failed when he tried to open out. And that catch by Peterson at mid on was a good one as he stretched himself to catch the ball. So its still a puzzle whether Tendulkar really needs to be pushed down to the middle order!

Lets hope India bat second tomorrow (if the game is played!). Batting second, we would know how the wicket behaves, what target to chase, etc.

Given it is raining, if they some how manage to get play bowling first is obviously the way to go. Overcast conditions ball moving all over the place is the advantage you want your bowlers to have. After India's first game performance they better hope they can win the toss.

Also the fact that both your teams have good finishers points even more towards batting 2nd.

ashu2411 said:
I dont want this match to be washed off and hence this series ending in a draw.

Clear skies right now in Chennai (was talking to my relatives!). lets hope it continues...

I just dont want this match washed off!

saisrini80 said:
Clear skies right now in Chennai (was talking to my relatives!). lets hope it continues...

I just dont want this match washed off!
really good to hear that. Thanks sai for good news. I hope India continues it form from last match.

even though the sky is clear , the pitch will be damp / wet ! and the possiblities for todays play are quite less IMO. lets hope this doesnt happen :upray

Surely they can get the pitch dry in time. Isn't it humid in India? So that would dry the pitch up as well.

aussie1st said:
Surely they can get the pitch dry in time. Isn't it humid in India? So that would dry the pitch up as well.

Oh yes! And with the facilities at the Chepauk stadium, they can easily have a good wicket for the batsmen!

Thanks Sai. For the good news. And yes it will be dry by the noon. Cause in India most of the weather is like 85 degree Fahrenheit. So it should be dry.

Good to hear that there is chance of the match happening.

(P.S-I have put a bet of 1000 vcash on India so just another reason for the match to start,lol)

here are some pics of chepauk on monday evening.... looks too poor..

even a small amount of rain can put all recovery work off.... i am going to sleep.. i am not waking up for the match... if we play, its a bonus...

Attachments

• Sports___01A.jpg
    Sports___01A.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Sports___01H.jpg
    Sports___01H.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Sports___02.jpg
    Sports___02.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 22
Hey I heard that it is not raining anymore near Chepauk. Its clear skies out here in Pondicherry.

btw, sai, where in madras are you from? My friends from Royapettah and Triplicane say that its not raining there. how is it in ur place right now?

Users who are viewing this thread