South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still think Tendulkar must open!! You cannot have a class player like him in the middle order!! He rocks in the first 20 overs of PP's!!! Sehwag too, should open, and Gambhir at 3! Maybe he and Gambhir could swich spots but...
Tendulkar has failed once, since his comeback. He was awesome against sri lanka! He still has to open and give the experiance to gambhir and give him morale support! Gambhir seems like a hot-head! He was having quite a tussel with Nel! Tendulkar needs to stay there and cool him down! Also, i feel really bad that we are seperating probably the most destructive opening partners in ODI cricket.....

IF this match turned out to be Twenty20, this would be my line up:

Tendulkar
Gambhir
Sehwag
Dhoni
Pathan
Raina
Yuvraj
Kaif
Agarkar
Harbhajan
RP Singh
SS: M Kartk= probably the most uselful bowler considering how econimal he was in Bangalore!

Cricketman93 said:
I still think Tendulkar must open!! You cannot have a class player like him in the middle order!! He rocks in the first 20 overs of PP's!!! Sehwag too, should open, and Gambhir at 3! Maybe he and Gambhir could swich spots but...
Tendulkar has failed once, since his comeback. He was awesome against sri lanka! He still has to open and give the experiance to gambhir and give him morale support! Gambhir seems like a hot-head! He was having quite a tussel with Nel! Tendulkar needs to stay there and cool him down! Also, i feel really bad that we are seperating probably the most destructive opening partners in ODI cricket.....

IF this match turned out to be Twenty20, this would be my line up:

Tendulkar
Gambhir
Sehwag
Dhoni
Pathan
Raina
Yuvraj
Kaif
Agarkar
Harbhajan
RP Singh
SS: M Kartk= probably the most uselful bowler considering how econimal he was in Bangalore!

You cant push Yuvraj and Kaif to No.7 and No.8! Pathan is either No.3 or No.7! Nothing else other than that! He is still not a better batsman than raina, Yuvraj or Kaif. its just that he is a very good No.3!

I would swap Murali Kartik for Kaif in the final XI and use Kaif if we bat second!

Selection for the last two ODI's to be held on 23rd morning! Pressure on the selectors again because of Saurav Ganguly. Also more pressure because they are fearing a backlash from the Kolkatta crowd if Saurav is not picked for the 4th ODI! Interesting to watch if he is picked! Zaheer this time should make it for Sreesanth!

Last edited:
Well I dont see any place for Ganguly in team for odi. OK sai, you tell whom should Ganguly replace in final eleven.

Well, he can replace Kaif in the final XI (or be the Super Sub with Gambhir in the final XI!). Yes, we get deprived of a fielder like Kaif but Ganguly has batting experience that very little people have! He knows the wickets at Kolkatta and Mumbai better than Kaif. He also seems to have found his bowling skills to use in his favor! He can definitely be given one more chance!

There's no reason to consider Ganguly in view of his recent performances (two ducks if I recall correctly). He needs to perform.

saisrini80 said:
Well, he can replace Kaif in the final XI (or be the Super Sub with Gambhir in the final XI!). Yes, we get deprived of a fielder like Kaif but Ganguly has batting experience that very little people have! He knows the wickets at Kolkatta and Mumbai better than Kaif. He also seems to have found his bowling skills to use in his favor! He can definitely be given one more chance!
but sai I think it will be a big mistake to drop a fielder like Kaif who fills so much energy in team with his fielding. He makes the team look deadly in feild and applies a lot of pressure. If Ganguly has to replace someone then better be Raina. I know its not right to drop a player like Raina from team. But we dont have any other option.

We are talking abt who he replaces in the final XI. Raina didnt play in the final XII in the Bangalore match!

ok my mistake I saw cricketman's roster and then posted. But i still think its not good to throw Kaif out of team.

Cricketman93 said:

I have this feeling that Karthik is extremely good on turning wickets only.
He has shown this ability against Australia (Mumbai test) .
The Banglore wicket aided spinners.
Not taking away anything from karthik though.
O M R W
10 4 16 0
But he must continue this excellent form of his.

pal said:
There's no reason to consider Ganguly in view of his recent performances (two ducks if I recall correctly). He needs to perform.

Well said.
I don't like Ganguly supporters :mad

Looks like the match is going to be washed off.
It's been raining heavily since 1 AM today.
BBC has changed the forecast from heavy showers
14.gif
to thunder showers
29.gif

Now the outfiled would be slippery,the grass woud be wet & chennai pitch was hard ,so it would aid the pace bowlers (if the match is played)

But I think, this time he is coming back to the side. I don't want him at all in Indian team. If Indian Team has to improve than it should move on and get this Ganguly-saga over with. Noone made a big deal when Steve Waugh retired although he and everybody knew a selectorial axe was hanging on his head. Now Ganguly has been officially dropped once from the team, so he should just say good-bye but only if he is man enough and what he was 3 years ago.

Well if he comes back strongly then its a different case altogether and he can come back strongly.

About tomorrow's match,I think its gonna be cancelled.
Too much rain.

Users who are viewing this thread