South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
India are going to take this series 4-1. So Gibbs, you think you can put up that many escuses? Might want to start thinking of them now. ;)

Gibbsrules said:
Why are you so happy about that?Have you got something against us?Is it because we thrashed your team 4-0?

Cool-it dude. We weren't this mad when you beat us! hats off to SA for coming this close to breaking the record. i mean, 20 wins on the trot is amazing! :eek: no doubt SA is a good team, and rahul dravid and his boys got a lot of luck today. But u can't take away the fact that the Indians played well today too. I mean restricting the awesome long batting line up of South Africa to 169!! No doubt both teams are at their roaring best. Should be a good series.

Last edited:
Cricketman93 said:
India are going to take this series 4-1. So Gibbs, you think you can put up that many escuses? Might want to start thinking of them now. ;)
You guys rate yourselves too much.Wait until Kemp :hpraise gets going and Morkel gets put in the side,then you'll see,as long as we bat second.

Gibbsrules said:
You guys rate yourselves too much.Wait until Kemp :hpraise gets going and Morkel gets put in the side,then you'll see,as long as we bat second.

read waht i added :p

Geez...Kemp and Morkel...I'm scared :rolleyes:

Hope you realize you need 11 players in a team ;)
And we've got that! :D

Cricketman93 said:

Why are you so happy about that?Have you got something against us?Is it because we thrashed your team 4-0?

Cool-it dude. We weren't this mad when you beat us! hats off to SA for coming this close to breaking the record. i mean, 20 wins on the trot is amazing! :eek: no doubt SA is a good team, and rahul dravid and his boys got a lot of luck today. But u can't take away the fact that the Indians played well today too. I mean restricting the awesome long batting line up of South Africa to 169!! No doubt both teams are at their roaring best. Should be a good series.[/QUOTE]

India can be proud of breaking the streak,and I hold nothing against them for it,they outplayed us,simple.They too are a great team.I didn't mean to sound so pi**ed off,I didn't actually expect the streak to go on and thought it was going to end in the first match of the series.

ZoraxDoom said:
Geez...Kemp and Morkel...I'm scared :rolleyes:

Hope you realize you need 11 players in a team ;)
And we've got that! :D
Yeah,but it just takes brilliance from one player to really get things going.

Geez...Kemp and Morkel...I'm scared

Hope you realize you need 11 players in a team
And we've got that!

hmmm... Pollock, Kallis, Smith, and Prince showed what they can do in the first match.

Last edited:
Great win for India! Much needed one... Finally, a superb knock from Sehwag. I thought he should have been Man of the match. But Pathan continues his stunning show as an all rounder! He is a genuine all rounder now! Though we started off slowly, Sehwag has made the victory to look very comprehensive! South Africa fought well but the target was too small for them to put up a tougher fight!

Series at 1-1 ! Off to Chennai! Toss wont make that much of an issue this time with Chennai not offering the amount of dew that Bangalore and Ahmedabad has offered! India should ideally bat first this time and prove that we can set a big total and defend it. Sachin should come down the order this time. Let Sehwag and Gambhir open now!

pal said:
I think Kartik deserves more credit than he is getting. When a bowler keeps the batsmen buckled up like that throughout his entire spell, then the batsmen tend to get frustrated and play shots that they might regret later to the other bowlers. I'm not saying he was the pick of the bowlers (he was close), but he might have been the catalyst for many of the wickets.

I agree.
No word of Karthik so far but you can understand why the SA side were frustrated. Even on a turning track, 10-4-16-0 is a brilliant spell. I expected a good show by the spinners but it turned out like a dream.

It was a great bowling performance by India. Sehwag played well too. This series is going to be a classic one.

19cric1.jpg

:) The Man of The Match - Irfan Pathan - Took 3 Wickets by 6 Overs taking 23 runs 1 Maiden and (Batting) 37 Runs by 58 Balls 4 Fours and 1 Six :happy

He Really Is a True All-Rounder :clap

55612.jpg

And YES - When He Hits, He Really Hits - Virender Sehwag - 77 Runs of 62 Balls with 11 Fours Not Out and (Bowling) Took 2 Wickets taking 29 Runs by 8 Overs

Excellent Batting & Bowling by Virender Sehwag - :clap

55607.jpg

Great Batting and Bowling By Rest Of The Team (India) - The Bowling Was Just Perfect :clap

55625.jpg

And South Africa did a great job on 20 wins, which South Africa Fans have something to cheer about :cheers

55614.jpg

Cricketman93 said:
Tendulkar's favorite ground is Chennai. SA have to work hard to win there.

I hope Sachin reaches his BEST soon :happy Hit 200 runs or something :D "A Shot Heard Around The World" ;)

Pic's From Circinfo - Sorry Forgot​

Last edited:
:clap Great win India, I knew you guys would come through for Aus.

How good is Pathan, 3 wickets and 37 runs at 3. Next all rounder here he comes.
Those suggesting Sehwag is gone, 2/29 off 8 and a match winning 77. That to me looks like a guy that is far from finish.

Again great win India!

Users who are viewing this thread