South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey the sun is back. Somebody from near Chepauk tell us how it is there right now?

dniniyan said:
Hey I heard that it is not raining anymore near Chepauk. Its clear skies out here in Pondicherry.

btw, sai, where in madras are you from? My friends from Royapettah and Triplicane say that its not raining there. how is it in ur place right now?
Quite good news from you there .
All you guys in Madras, please keep us updated with the weather . The drainage at Chepauk is quite good . The groundsmen said y`day that they needed 3 hrs to get the ground ready for the match .
We could get through with a 35 over game , I think .
Iam very disappointed by this because this is monsoon time in South India and matches should not be played there at this time of the year.
Chennai is one of the major venues and it is very unfair to the cricket loving public of Chennai that matches are being scheduled in Oct-Nov when it rains rather than March-April (The England tour to India)

dniniyan said:
Hey I heard that it is not raining anymore near Chepauk. Its clear skies out here in Pondicherry.

btw, sai, where in madras are you from? My friends from Royapettah and Triplicane say that its not raining there. how is it in ur place right now?

i am right now not in chennai... i am in the US. I used to live nearby Vadapalani..

not going too off topic.. nice to hear some encouraging signs for a game today... i seriously hope it doesnt rain anymore at least today...

i dont think there will be a full house if the game is underway just because of the threat of rain...anyways, its enough if the game starts!

News from Cricinfo:

Hello and welcome to the live coverage of the third ODI between
India and South Africa.
It's cloudy, it's gloomy, it's cold and believe it or not it's
Chennai.
I am afraid the news is not that good, A low pressure system in the
'Bay of Bengal' has triggered heavy showers in Chennai over the
past few days, it rained all night yesterday and today the ground
was hit by a few passing showers.
At the moment all the covers are on and the news is that the start
of play has been delayed.
Eventhough it is not raining right now, there is lot of water on
top of the covers and the groundsmen are busy clearing that, the
outfield seems to have taken a beating from the heavy rains, we
will have to wait and how much damage it has sustained.
Till now the ground has not been handed over to the umpires, we
will keep you posted as things move along.​

Chepauk needs to get it drainage system better. If this happened in Aus we would be under way by now given they have had ages to clear up this mess.

I hope the ground stuff can get us under way as if the whole day isn't raining but we don't get play, the Chepauk ground should blame themself for this.

Match abandoned!

Irritating! Chennai gets deprived of a completed match yet again! Is it the work of some vested interests to spoil the name of Chennai by staging matches at this time period? I know it might sound silly but I dont know why I get this feeling!

Gear up to see the first test between India and Sri Lanka being washed out too (unless the weather improves dramatically)! This is nasty from the BCCI to have matches in Chennai at this time! They know it rains hard here!

So matches have been abandoned due to rain 3 times consecutively in Chennai.

And today's news paper said that TNCA was also not willing to reimburse the ticket money & man who had baught two Rs.1000 wanted them to remburse the cost or atleast have a match for some overs.

I think the Chennai cricketing authorities might want to consider building a roof to this stadium. 3 consecutive matches being cancelled due to rain must be for the disappointing the fans there.

Im pretty sure that there wont be rain for the next game here in cal,no signs of rain,but there have been a few fans threating to stop the match from happening if ganguly doesnt play :crying ,silly really.

sid_19840 said:
Im pretty sure that there wont be rain for the next game here in cal,no signs of rain,but there have been a few fans threating to stop the match from happening if ganguly doesnt play :crying ,silly really.
Would be very stupid if the game was stopped or interrupted due to that. Its time they accept the fact that Ganguly (as great a player he was) is history as far as a place in this Indian team is concerned

m_vaughan said:
Would be very stupid if the game was stopped or interrupted due to that. Its time they accept the fact that Ganguly (as great a player he was) is history as far as a place in this Indian team is concerned

I agree that it would be stupid but it has been threatened outside the grounds by a few ppl.

I believe the protests will indeed take place,now that Ganguly has been thrown out of the test team too.
However the game won't be stalled.

nothing will happen to the game... there will be good security deployed and no one can do anything to stop the game... already kolkatta has a bad reputation of the crowd playing havoc during games... this time, it should not happen...

I hope its 3-1 for India! For that, we have to win both the tosses at Kolkatta and Mumbai

Users who are viewing this thread