Boucher
Morkel
Ntini
Langeveld
Nel
Botha
Ontong
R.Petersen

As the Supersport Commentators said,SA might use its powerful hitters to try and outbat India due to our lack of quality spinners.The Indian grounds are smaller than most of the South African grounds,so Kemp,Morkel and Pollock could get stuck in,but its going to be hard.I don't know why we chose Ontong,he has been given so many chances but hasn't used them.Botha could be an interesting one.He has only been bowling spin for about a year and its going to be hard for him,but hes apparently a good spinner.Petersen is of about the same ability as Boje in both bowling and batting,so not a bad choice.We have a side full of all rounders,so plenty of depth in batting and bowling,but we'll still miss Gibbs,especially in the field.

Some information from the UCB website:

The Convenor, Haroon Lorgat and the National Selection panel have today announced a15-man Standard Bank Proteas squad that features new cap Johan Botha and recalled all-rounders Justin Ontong and Robin Peterson.

The Proteas will begin a tour of India later this week, to complete a five-match One-Day International Series that began with a two-match Test series last November.

Mercedes Warriors spinner, Johan Botha has been included as the only uncapped player in the national squad. He recently toured Sri Lanka with South Africa ?A?, where he took four wickets in five matches and topped the batting averages with an impressive 70.00.

Peterson, capped 21 times, last appeared for the Proteas against Sri Lanka in an ODI in Dambulla last year, whilst Ontong, capped 18 times last played in the recent tour to the West Indies.

?The conditions in India suit spin bowlers and we feel that the time has arrived for us to back them to do the job,? said the Convenor.

?All of the players have been playing SuperSport matches and have shown to be in good form with Johan Botha being passed fit after an injury to his left hand.?

Jacques Rudolph has not been included in the touring party because the selectors preferred to play him in the SuperSport Series. Herschelle Gibbs and Nicky Boje were not considered for selection as they did not make themselves available for this particular tour.

The squad is as follows:
Graeme Smith (captain) Nashua Cape Cobras
Jacques Kallis (vice-captain) Nashua Cape Cobras
Johan Botha Mercedes Warriors
Mark Boucher (Wicketkeeper) Mercedes Warriors
AB de Villiers Nashua Titans
Andrew Hall Highveld Lions
Justin Kemp Nashua Titans
Charl Langeveldt Highveld Lions
Albie Morkel Nashua Titans
Andre Nel Nashua Titans
Makhaya Ntini Mercedes Warriors
Justin Ontong Highveld Lions
Robin Peterson Mercedes Warriors
Shaun Pollock Nashua Dolphins
Ashwell Prince Nashua Cape Cobras

MANAGEMENT

Manager: Goolam Rajah
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Assistant Coach: Vincent Barnes
Physiotherapist: Shane Jabaar
Fitness Trainer: Adrian le Roux
Computer Analyst: Gustav Obermeyer
Team Doctor: Dr Mohammed Moosajee

The itinerary is as follows:

Mon.14 Nov. Day One-day tour match Hyderabad
Wed.16 Nov. D/N 1st ODI vs India Hyderabad
Sat.19 Nov. D/N 2ND ODI vs India Bangalore
Tues.22 Nov. D/N 3rd ODI vs India Chennai
Fri.25 Nov. D/N 4th ODI vs India Kolkata
Mon.28 Nov. D/N 5th ODI vs India Mumbai

The squad will leave for Mumbai on Friday, 11 November at 14:50.

Source - www.cricket.co.za

He is an unusual type of spinner, and has had success against India!

The Proteas now only need 2 more wins to equal Aus all time ODI winning streak record.
So India, you've got my support, don't let me down. :D

aussie1st said:
The Proteas now only need 2 more wins to equal Aus all time ODI winning streak record.
So India, you've got my support, don't let me down. :D
errrr..... 2 more wins would make it 3 consecutive wins. The streak was techincally ended by the no result match against New Zealand.

andrew_nixon said:
errrr..... 2 more wins would make it 3 consecutive wins. The streak was techincally ended by the no result match against New Zealand.

Forgot to add, unbeaten streak. SA would only need 2 more wins to equal Aus 21 unbeaten streak.

Crud! If i had Zee i could watch it on Dish network for free (not pay-per view)

For people who don't know what dish is its a tv channel: COMPLETLY LEAGEL **so mods don't go editing my post! :p)

Cricketman93 said:

For people who don't know what dish is its a tv channel: COMPLETLY LEAGEL **so mods don't go editing my post! :p)

The mods are not that foolish Cricketman93.. :D Dish is very popular among many and the mods surely know it!

Cricketman93 said:

There is no problem with saying what channel is going to play the match. Just as long as it isn't a 'free' internet boardcast. You can say Channel 9 is showing this live on free to air.

Users who are viewing this thread