South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm confident that India can break South Africa's winning streak, India has won the lankans 6-1, and if they beat South Africa 4-1, where does that take India in the odi table?

aussie1st said:
Where would SL and NZ be after this? Still 2 and 3?

I think India's rise to the top might be bad news for Sri Lanka, New Zealand. I think if India beat South Africa 5-0 or 4-1, they might leapfrog to No. 3 (just a guess this is.... cant be so sure but it might happen!). The ICC rankings is like that - STUPID!

I personally prefer the Rediff rankings! They're pretty good and somewhat realistic. And there, India has climbed up to No.5 from No. 7 (they were No. 7 together on both ICC and Rediff!).

aussie1st said:
Where would SL and NZ be after this? Still 2 and 3?

Sri Lanka is already fourth now. India's win over South Africa might push it even down!

I was bored so I used the predictor. If India when every game this is the table.
Try other results for yourself over here

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 44
aussie1st said:
I was bored so I used the predictor. If India when every game this is the table.
Try other results for yourself over here
aussie1st, actually the predictor has the points table before the India-SRL series (as on 6th Nov 2005) and not updated after the series . India`s rating now is just a point behind England and a win against SA would take them to 4th and a 5-0 would bring them 3rd . That is what I read in an article in the ICC website about the ODI table update

aditya123 said:
aussie1st, actually the predictor has the points table before the India-SRL series (as on 6th Nov 2005) and not updated after the series . India`s rating now is just a point behind England and a win against SA would take them to 4th and a 5-0 would bring them 3rd . That is what I read in an article in the ICC website about the ODI table update

No actually those games were already included. I couldn't select who won and loss in that match cause India was checked as won.

india have made no changes to side that beat sri lanka they will be unchanged for the first 3 ODI's

Ganguly got out again to zaheer khan (lbw) a first ball duck in the 2nd innings

Yeah, possibly a bad decision, but why change a winning team? Zaheer is on a roll with 7 wickets already in the game. And Ganguly... well, he never ceases to amuse me.

I think India should stick with sehwag and Tendulkar as the openers, I think Dhoni should play at 3 and Kaif at 4.

I will go for Sehwag and Gambhir with Tendulkar at No. 3! You can have your best batsman at No. 3! Also if Sehwag and Gambhir get going, it worries the opposition that if "Oh these guys are killing us and still Tendulkar is yet to come along with Dravid, Yuvraj, Kaif, etc". We need to put this psychological pressure on the opposition!

P.s: Can some mod sticky this thread now that Sri Lanka in India series is over?

No way! Tendulkar is the best opener. Sehwag gets off to flying starts but struggles later on. I say Gambhir at 3, he can score quickly and play well in the middle overs.

Users who are viewing this thread