South Africa tour of New Zealand, Feb-March 2011/12

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who are the promising young batsmen coming through that have scored runs in First Class cricket? I can only think of Bracewell from Otago and no one else really.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Bowlers going to get crap now regardless of what they do because 185 is a bad first innings score.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Both Williamson and Nicol have just bashed up the minnows, which is why they're there. Guptill's got a similar record as well.

We really need Brownlie back in our middle order, because Williamson really struggles to stick around against better bowling.

That's who I was thinking about as I was watching. Get Aussie Brownlie back in there... Maybe Ronchi too :p With Vettori batting so high, it does seem a pretty long tail, especially with the worst ever batsman at #11. 3 good pacemen SHOULD be able to do the job in NZ conditions I reckon.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The thing is, at the moment our keepers are the ones who are actually batting alright :p I'd suggest bringing Flynn into the team if anyone.

----------

Man what did Gillespie have for breakfast

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I hope Gillespie doesn't play. He'll just get smashed to all parts of the ground with that economy of well over 4 RPO. Such a terrible replacement.

Well, you're looking awfully stupid now :p.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
That's who I was thinking about as I was watching. Get Aussie Brownlie back in there... Maybe Ronchi too :p With Vettori batting so high, it does seem a pretty long tail, especially with the worst ever batsman at #11. 3 good pacemen SHOULD be able to do the job in NZ conditions I reckon.

Vettori has to bat in the top six though, he isn't good enough with the ball to play as a bowling all rounder anymore.

ferg512

International Coach
7/3 absolutely pathetic. Nothing but a bunch of minnow bashers, Guptill is really lucky theres no one else around as he shouldn't really be there, not a test batsman. As usual only the bowlers showing a bit of backbone (Apart from Arnel).

----------

Oh and I'll have Flynn over Williamson please, I don't really know why he got dropped in the first place by the standards of NZ test batsman his average of 28 is pretty decent. Also someone needs to replace Nicol, the guys a walking wicket and Nethula for Arnel.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Virtual eye is shocking. Seriously. It seems to get the impact point wrong every so often.

Are Hawk eye and virtual eye the same?

ferg512

International Coach
Nah, I don't know exactly but there is quite a big difference between the two. Virtual eye was used in the series against Australia as well and there numerous referrals that seemed very dodgy.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
virtual eye gets about 10 times as many frames as the tv broadcast, so i don't know if it's correct to think the broadcast is more accurate. fine tuning the impact is done manually, but at that speed, it should be pretty easy. perhaps it's just a 'virtual' issue, a matter of syncing the two and only the superimposed graphic is really inaccurate.

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Martin played alright until that duck...

Users who are viewing this thread