Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
That is the problem of having an old thread. Atletico Madrid was probably title contenders a couple of years ago. I see there is also a vote from me, but I don't even remember it when I voted the last time.

Also Raul and Guti have left Real Madrid. Guti will go to Besiktas and it's expected that Raul will go Schalke 04. But he says he has also options to England. I hope he goes there.

Raul quits Real Madrid and could head for England
ESPN Soccernet staff
July 26, 2010
Raul quits Real Madrid and could head for England | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

What? Atletico were never title contenders. They have been closer to relegation than the title.

Ya that is why they won a Domestic Cup and Europa League double last season ?? :sarcasm
They beat Liverpool on away goals rule while do you remember what real madrid went through when they played Liverpool a couple of years ago ?? :laugh

Also if it pains for you to see atletico in the poll, it pains for me to see everton winning three votes and liverpool not even present in the English football thread poll :mad:

The poll was for La Liga.

Spain have reached the final of the Euro U-19. Beat England 3-1 today and were brilliant to watch. I am really amazed at the talent thats going to come up for Spain for many more years.

Rodrigo din't have that great a game today but Canales was awesome. I am really excited to see him play for Real this season. An absolute gem of a player.

Last edited:
Everything is going Spain's way these days. Contador won the Tour de France and Alonso won a F1 Grand Prix.

Lucky Spanish Year 2010. Vive A La.

It was apparently confirmed a while ago but that was a dodgy source. Well Mourinho missed out on Gerrard and De Rossi so he's gone for Khedira instead. He was clearly after a box-to-box type of player and Khedira fits the bill. A bargain as well apparently.

Its time for the final of the U-19. If Spain win tonight it will the 5th title, since the tournament was rebranded in 2000.

A lot of the members of the current world cup winning side have been involved in those previous U-19 triumphs.

Its going to be a battle between the pace of France and the passing of Spain.

France deserved it for their second half performance. Spain probably got a bit overconfident but all in all two exciting bunch of players to look forward to in the future.

I would have watched the match if I had known the match was today. I see France has won the match with 2-1.

Here is the homepage of the match:

UEFA.com - Under-19 2010 - France-Spain

A lot of these names are pretty unknown, but that could be changed in a few years from now.

Jose Mourinho Has His Started Real Madrid Career Very Well. He Has Started On A Winning Note With Real Madrid.

Users who are viewing this thread