Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters
I wouldn't be too worried. It's their first game of pre-season so everyone's going to be rusty and the main priority would be fitness.

3-2 against LA as well. Reminded me completely of last season - disappointing first half followed by a sensational second to seal a great comeback. I think its still Manuel Pellegrini's Madrid that is playing at the moment and the Mou effect still hasn't shown. 4 goals conceded in 2 games, is certainly not what one would expect from the Special One's team, even if they are in preseason friendlies.

However whats been good to watch is how well Canales and Pedro Leon have settled into the team already. With Kaka out for 4 months, Canales has a great opportunity to stamp his mark.

It does not depend on Mou effect . Real Madrid are always used to scoring more than 2 and concede atleast one. :laugh

Spain take on Mexico at the historic Azteca stadium tonight. Del Bosque's decision to select 7 out the 8 Barca players who were in the WC squad have not gone well with the Catalans who want their players available for the Super Copa first leg on Saturday against Sevilla. Clearly ignoring the fact that almost all the international teams have called up their key players.

I for one am looking forward to seeing the return of Santi to the squad. Was so unlucky to have missed out on the WC because of an injury savaged 2009-10 season.

Boy isn't the Azteca wonderful. 1-1 in the end, David Silva saving the day while Marchena's record continues.

Impressive performances from Monreal and Santi. And even though he does a good job, somehow I am never happy to see Ramos at CB.

Also we are going to sign that Chicharito guy in 4-5 years time for a fee of around 120 million euros. Remember this post.

Boy isn't the Azteca wonderful. 1-1 in the end, David Silva saving the day while Marchena's record continues.

Impressive performances from Monreal and Santi. And even though he does a good job, somehow I am never happy to see Ramos at CB.

Also we are going to sign that Chicharito guy in 4-5 years time for a fee of around 120 million euros. Remember this post.

:laugh. I Will man. The United scouts & Sir Alex seem to have found a little gem in hernandez for real. Geez..

When he's played, Spain have been unbeaten. And that's gone on for 50 games I think.

Great comeback by Sevilla in the second half and now they have a good chance of winning this on aggregate. If they score at the Camp Nou it'll be very difficult for Barca then, even with their full strength starting eleven.

Negredo's pass for Kanoute's first goal was an absolute gem. I still regret selling him although our buy-back clause is applicable till next season. The way I look at it if Benzema fails this time around as well and Negredo continues to impress then Mourinho will bring the latter back and sell off the Frenchman next summer.

he way I look at it if Benzema fails this time around as well and Negredo continues to impress then Mourinho will bring the latter back and sell off the Frenchman next summer.
Actually it's luck that has caused him a pain. Anyways, I hope to see some action from Barcelona this time.

Users who are viewing this thread