Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
thats it!
india have won the match, in convincing style.

126/2, with sachin 70 n/o. He's in tremendous form! and boy, india are on a roll at the moment. Pathan led the indian bowling earlier, and demolished the powerful batting line up with ease. Sachin and Sehwag got india off to a flyer, though it would be even better if sehwag stayed at the crease.

The better team won today. I hope the contests are even more close, for the sake of cricket fans and for cricket itself.

Great if they keep on going like this...just a matter of time before they can be in their 2002-2003 form once more

jazz said:
i agree with kaif but no to ganguly

Selection is tonight.... Just watch out.. Ganguly might be in the side!

But what a change has Tendulkar brought to his career and to the fortunes of this Indian team? ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!

Superb win for India! Two more wins to go... Hail Dravid as the new super captain! Saurav, we have replacement for you as captain!

Rao and Raina might make way for Kaif (100 times useful than Rao both in batting and fielding!) and Ganguly (well, he can definitely be given a chance as a batsman esp. after his Duleep trophy century)....

Well, no place for Zaheer Khan and Nehra in the squad now that Agarkar, Pathan are doing well with Sreesanth showing promise!

Last edited:
andrew_nixon said:
You deserved it. If you didn't like it, you shouldn't be such a pathetic loser. By purchasing a stolen feed, you yourself are a thief. I personally think you should at the very least recieve a suspension from these forums.
to the idiot who gave me -ve rep for this post..... he is stealing.

GO INDIA GO!!!!!!!!, India 2 Sri Lanka 0, India trashed the lankans for the second time in a row, and boy my wish is coming true that Tendulkar plays aggreasive agian like in his old days, Tendulkar is in rich form scored near a run a ball 93 in the 1st matchand scored a blizting 70 in this match, Pathans scored 83 in the first match and took 4 wickets in the scond match, both batting and bowlings clicking alltogether for team India I hope the have the same performance and confidence in the big matches and finals!.

Keep it up India.

Ganguly out of the Indian Side

It will take more than a Duleep Trophy hundred for Sourav Ganguly to make it back to the Indian one-day team. The national selectors kept their faith in the team that won the first two one-day internationals against Sri Lanka and overlooked Ganguly despite the fact that he had proved both form and fitness with a Duleep Trophy century for East Zone against North Zone recently. Kiran More, chairman of selectors, and his panel deliberated for less than half an hour and announced an unchanged squad of fifteen for the next three matches.

Where this leaves Ganguly, and his one-day career, is not exactly clear. "He is fit but does not figure in the team at the moment," said More at a press conference following the announcement of the squad. "We have selected the best side possible for the next three matches. Sourav is a great player. We have tremendous regard for his outstanding performance as batsman and captain, and things are not in his favour at the moment. We realise he has not done that well of late, but he is a strong character and I am sure he will bounce back strongly. It is not fair to say that his one-day career is over, we can't do that to anyone. We have great regard for him but we feel the youngsters are doing a good job. They must be given enough opportunity to gain experience before the World Cup."

It is clear now that various factors - fitness, attitude and fielding among them - are being considered with one eye on the 2007 World Cup. "It will not be fair to field a player with three or four caps in the World Cup. He should have played 20 to 25 games and be reasonably experienced by then. We have enough options at the moment and are looking to have a pool of 22 players from whom we can pick the final World Cup squad," More said.

More called the meeting, which was also attended by Rahul Dravid, the captain, and Greg Chappell a "good" one, and added, "We have been having discussions for the past two days. The team has done very well in these two one-dayers, they have performed outstandingly. The body language is excellent, which wasn't there earlier. And the fielding has been great. There is a long way to go - we still have five matches to play in this series, but the signs are extremely promising."

Meetings involving key decisions, like the one taken today, have been fractious and long-drawn out affairs in the past, and SK Nairs' - the secretary of the board - statement claiming, as always, that the decisions taken were unanimous, would have normally been met with cynicism. However, it has been reliably learnt that on this occasion there really was no dissenting voice to the suggestion from captain and coach that the same squad be retained for the next three matches.

The selectors, sources reveal, were impressed with the commitment and performance of this squad and decided not to make any cosmetic changes. When More addressed the media he also made it clear that he would divulge the names of players considered for selection, and that any conversations he may or may not have had with players and officials would remain confidential.

While this is not necessarily the end of the road for Ganguly, if the team continues to perform like it has in the last two matches it will only become progressively harder for him to make his way back into the squad. The squad for the last two matches of the seven-match series will be picked in Ahmedabad on November 6.

India squad
1 Rahul Dravid (capt)
2 Virender Sehwag
3 Sachin Tendulkar
4 Yuvraj Singh
5 Y Venugopala Rao
6 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk)
7 Jai Prakash Yadav
8 Irfan Pathan
9 Ajit Agarkar
10 Harbhajan Singh
11 S Sreesanth
12 Murali Kartik
13 Suresh Raina
14 Gautam Gambhir
15 Rudra Pratap Singh

Cricinfo

:cheers

saisrini80 said:
who the hell was that?? :eek:
Me.

Yay :happy No Ganguly. Atleast in this series. If he hits another couple of centuries in the Duleep trophy, then we can consider him.

ZoraxDoom said:
Me.

Yay :happy No Ganguly. Atleast in this series. If he hits another couple of centuries in the Duleep trophy, then we can consider him.

Though I expected Ganguly to be selected this time, I am at the same time happy with this decision! It shows that the selectors are looking at the long term vision of the 2007 World Cup!

If India performs this well (or even close to this well!), what will happen to Ganguly in the last two matches? Will he be selected or will his ODI career finish?

And if India beat Sri Lanka and South Africa, probably Dravid would be handed over the test captaincy too! Lets see. Well, no one but Ganguly has got to blame for all thats happening to him. If he had taken care of his ego and arrogance, he would not have to face all this! Lets hope we see him once more on the cricket field for a final time!

ya a century in one duleep trophy match doesn mean ganguly shud be selected rite away..

jackrussell said:
ya a century in one duleep trophy match doesn mean ganguly shud be selected rite away..
Agreed. He needs to perform consistently. Maybe look at him for the South Africa series.

And can you please post in clear English in future, ie. no shortened words like "shud" and "rite"

WOW Threashed. Tendulker did a very good job again. India are looking like a different team to the one who was playing a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread