Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
andrew_nixon said:
No, even if the first 4 days are rained off, they'd still have to play on the fifth.
If the captains agree, then the match can be called off.

It's the 4th consecutive time a match is being affected by rain in Chennai :(

Thats damn irritating! There are forecasts of thunderstorms for the next four days! Very dim chance of the test match starting at all!

saisrini80 said:
Thats damn irritating! There are forecasts of thunderstorms for the next four days! Very dim chance of the test match starting at all!
Sai, i don`t know whether you`ve seen live images but from what i saw, it looks very promising . The sun just broke through and rain has definitely stopped . The next inspection is at 1.00 p.m . If there is no more rain today, we may have 2 sessions of play today . The outfield seems to be pretty good and the 30 yard circle and the pitch are fully covered .
Let us keep our fingers crossed . Even if we get 3 and a half days of solid cricket in there, we can hope to force a result (bowling first)
The bowl will definitely move around . A batting collapse by either side may help us to see a result .

aditya123 said:
Sai, i don`t know whether you`ve seen live images but from what i saw, it looks very promising . The sun just broke through and rain has definitely stopped . The next inspection is at 1.00 p.m . If there is no more rain today, we may have 2 sessions of play today . The outfield seems to be pretty good and the 30 yard circle and the pitch are fully covered .
Let us keep our fingers crossed . Even if we get 3 and a half days of solid cricket in there, we can hope to force a result (bowling first)
The bowl will definitely move around . A batting collapse by either side may help us to see a result .

i dont have hopes aditya. heavy rain is forecast later today also!

saisrini80 said:
i dont have hopes aditya. heavy rain is forecast later today also!
a weather forecast need not always be true !
During the Mumbai rains earlier this year they predicted light rains and sunny intervals on one of the days but we ended up getting record rains .

To quote cricinfo
Finally the sun is out but I am afraid it's going to be a long
wait, yesterday it rained through the day and continuously in the
night, and one can see puddles all around the outfield.
Iam a very optimistic person by nature and try to find out positives all the time even in the worst of situations !

Pretty bad second day was washed out too. A draw already looks certain.

A draw is the only result for this one. 3 Days to get a result, highly unlikely and also more rain is forecasted.

I hate Chennai, they can live without cricket from now on.

That would be too harsh to them.

BCCI should think of hosting matches in Chennai at some other time of the year.

My fifty'th post. A very slow fifty indeed :D

Adarsh said:
India lose points on the ICC Rankings table if the match ends in a draw !! How unlucky is that?

No problem at all. Even a 1-0 series win here in this series puts India above England at No.2! How good is that?

carrick said:
I hate Chennai, they can live without cricket from now on.

What did Chennai do for you to hate the city?

FYI, its one of the best cricketing grounds in the whole nation!

viral1991 said:
That would be too harsh to them.

BCCI should think of hosting matches in Chennai at some other time of the year.

My fifty'th post. A very slow fifty indeed :D

They are planning to give Mohali a test when England comes if Ahmedabad hosts Sri Lanka. I mean what the hell? Give it to Chennai!!!! They have been so much rain hit these years!

saisrini80 said:
No problem at all. Even a 1-0 series win here in this series puts India above England at No.2! How good is that?

What did Chennai do for you to hate the city?

FYI, its one of the best cricketing grounds in the whole nation!

They are planning to give Mohali a test when England comes if Ahmedabad hosts Sri Lanka. I mean what the hell? Give it to Chennai!!!! They have been so much rain hit these years!

They cannot give the match to Chennai, we agree with the fact that Chennai has gone cricket-less for sometime now but according to the rotation policy they will award it to Mohali or someother place.

This is something we have been expecting for over aweek now, rain will play spoil sport. So there is no point in hating that place, nature's fury is such that even the greatest scientific technology has no chance of stopping it. We are mere humans!

FYI, the shortest test match played in the history is also between India and SriLanka, which was a rain-affected match as well.

Users who are viewing this thread