Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Honjumark said:
Does anyone feel that ganguly did enough in this test match to be dropped for the next one?
5(24)
16 runs in 2 overs and 1 wicket albeit that of Laxman!!

I really thank god that the selection for the Delhi test was before this failure of Saurav for 5 runs! Or else, it would have been unfair on him. Even Sachin, Laxman and Dravid failed. No one succeeded in this test match!

India created demons from this pitch rather than the demons really existing! They went into a shell! I have emphasised this so many times before, India are not known for over defensive cricket. They open up opportunities to the opposition by going into their shell. They are unbeatable only by scoring runs at a good fair clip! Tendulkar has demonstrated this many times. When he goes into a shell, he invariably gets out. Only batsman who wont get out is Dravid but he too got out today!

I wont read too much into this performance. We had a poor match at the Eden Gardens against South Africa but we came back strongly at Mumbai! And this test match, had it started on time on a first day wicket which would have been harder than usual, might have been definitely different! But the bad thing here is that Sri Lankans go into the next test with that little bit more of confidence! India need to change their tactics soon!

Sachin - dont play for your 35th hundred! It will come when it needs to come! Play your natural game! Thats only going to help you score runs! You're under a very tough coach. You might soon face the same music that Saurav is facing in the ODI's

cricket_lover said:
DOn't forget Kumble's performance, lots of edges to the third man region but he was the pick of the bowlers. I'm a bit worried about the line the bowlers are bowling. Pathan or Agarkar, you have to keep theline very straight under these conditions.

But they will improve, you cannot judge by one match.
Could somebody explain to me as to why Agarker is bowling instead of Zaheer Khan?

Tremendous bowling by Vaas, who bowled 11 maidens in a row. Gunawardene's performances aren't that great. I rather see Tharanga opening the innings for Sri Lanka.

But Sri Lanka showed they want to get some results from this series. And they've got something to prove after the poor ODI series.

saisrini80 said:
I really thank god that the selection for the Delhi test was before this failure of Saurav for 5 runs! Or else, it would have been unfair on him. Even Sachin, Laxman and Dravid failed. No one succeeded in this test match!

Selection done already but the playing eleven can still be changed! I don't think Dravid-Chappell will give Sourav another chance... atleast not willingly

furyfoxx said:
Selection done already but the playing eleven can still be changed! I don't think Dravid-Chappell will give Sourav another chance... atleast not willingly

I think they will give him another chance, even may be willingly! The whole team performed badly on this last day of the test match! No special person can be blamed for this bad day!

If Dravid and Chappell are waiting for reasons to drop Saurav and if they think this 5 runs and giving off runs to the Sri lankan batsman is a reason, I pity them! They're wrong. Give him one more opportunity! If he fails, then they can well finish off his cricketing career by ignoring him for future cricketing assignments! But one day of test cricket cant be held against hiM!

I don't think either Ganguly will be dropped. Just because others failed too. You can't blame him only.

"Sachin - dont play for your 35th hundred! It will come when it needs to come! Play your natural game! Thats only going to help you score runs! You're under a very tough coach. You might soon face the same music that Saurav is facing in the ODI's"

I think its an unfair judgement on the part of Sachin. He is back from injury, playing test cricket, on a difficult pitch. He will take time. Why do we expect him to score BANG all the time. He wanted to take this opportunity to get into touch, get practice. Even if he fails couple of times, Chappell can do NOTHIng about it. I'm sure cricketing fans would go beserk...and the cricketing world in India would come to a halt.

I might sound like a fanatic but thats the truth. A coach cannot mis-use the powers he has. He is performing well, let him. But make sure he doesn't cross the line, others as well.

Let's just all pretend that match didn't happen. Because it didn't really. They might as well have had two school teams playing out there--it would have been more exciting.

Notice how they called it a draw after Sri Lanka had passed India's first innings total?

So why didn't they just both forfeit their first innings, and play a one innings match? This happens in domestic cricket.

andrew_nixon said:
Notice how they called it a draw after Sri Lanka had passed India's first innings total?

So why didn't they just both forfeit their first innings, and play a one innings match? This happens in domestic cricket.

Wont that amount to 'match fixing'? If you have to forfeit two innings, you have to discuss this with the opposition captain too and wont it be 'match fixing'? or is it 'match fixing' only if you try to fix a match in your favor or if you fix the result of a match for money or some other monetary benefits?

I dont exactly know abt this but this just cropped up in my mind!

I don't think India would have wanted that seeing it afterwards. Sri Lanka would have won the match then. But they could have arranged it when the match started on day 4.

And who is the 'they' called it a draw? The commentators?

Can someone delete the three previous messages here? It isn't mine fault. The site was stuck again.

saisrini80 said:
Wont that amount to 'match fixing'? If you have to forfeit two innings, you have to discuss this with the opposition captain too and wont it be 'match fixing'? or is it 'match fixing' only if you try to fix a match in your favor or if you fix the result of a match for money or some other monetary benefits?

I dont exactly know abt this but this just cropped up in my mind!
It is completely within the laws of the game, and has happened now and again in domestic cricket.

Indeed, in county cricket, if play starts when only a certain amount of overs are remaining in the game, the teams HAVE to forfeit their first innings.

ZexyZahid said:
And who is the 'they' called it a draw? The commentators?
They is the players. They agreed to call it a draw before the scheduled close of play.

In English country cricket I've seen they only play one innings each, with forfeiting one innings from both sides.

And why did they do that? Sri Lanka could have got more batting practice and India more bowling practice.

Users who are viewing this thread