Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What was so threatening about this pitch that India got out for 167 and Sri Lanka are cruising at 114/2 (26.4 ov) Jayawardene 66* the top score of the match.

India should of perhaps attacked more. I guess they are happy with the draw and its best for Tendulker, Dravid and other batsmen to spend some time at the crease.

Well they should at least bat like how these Sri Lankans are going. They have had no problems with the pitch and they are scoring at a decent rate.

I think the Sri Lankan batting and bowling was better than the Indian. Anyway, the match is drawn and hope India do much better in the next match.

Absolutely rubbish performance by the Indian batsmen .. However bad the pitch might have been , the lack of innovativeness shown by them was a complete turn off.

Now was this performance pathetic or pathetic. See what I meant by "India's incompetence...." in the other SA vs Ind thread. But still lets wait for the next one. They better pull up their socks....

abaddon_67 said:
Absolutely rubbish performance by the Indian batsmen .. However bad the pitch might have been , the lack of innovativeness shown by them was a complete turn off.

really? Why don't we go and play in Chennai then...may be we could do better?

Its pure rubbish to condemn the Indian batsman, yes not the performance we expected of them but they atleast tried and did not throw wickets. You have accept and appreciate a very very disciplined bowling performance from Sri Lanka and their batsman, indeed were looking to gain the psychological advantage.

DOn't forget Kumble's performance, lots of edges to the third man region but he was the pick of the bowlers. I'm a bit worried about the line the bowlers are bowling. Pathan or Agarkar, you have to keep theline very straight under these conditions.

But they will improve, you cannot judge by one match.

i`ve said it before and say it again, do not read much into this performance . once the 1st 3 days were washed out, the game was nothing more than a warmup match . The fact that we batted poorly cannot be denied . The Indian top order has fired against better attacks and Iam sure this was just a bad day at the ofice . In fact it is good that the bad day has come in a match whose importance was not great !

yes i agree with aditya..... when three days are wasted, then the only possible result wud be a draw.... and when u already know that the match is going to be drawn, then no one wud be serious about the game....... or i can say it was just time passing..

Does anyone feel that ganguly did enough in this test match to be dropped for the next one?
5(24)
16 runs in 2 overs and 1 wicket albeit that of Laxman!!

A poor performance , is a poor performance , is a poor performance ..
Irrespective of whether it was in a dreary uninteresting match.

Just because the Lankans were bowling well doesn't mean that we let them gain full control over proceedings ..

M pretty sure though , they'll bat much better in the matches to come.

Honjumark said:
Does anyone feel that ganguly did enough in this test match to be dropped for the next one?
5(24)
16 runs in 2 overs and 1 wicket albeit that of Laxman!!

i think a sensible team of selectors would retain the same playing 11. You can't decide since no one performed in this match. It might be unfair to Yuvi but who can u throw out for him to enter?

Users who are viewing this thread