Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
saisrini80 said:
Yup... Sachin has more than enough match practice now...

He can get his rhythm going in the nets by facing good quality bowlers... But he needs some amount of rest too to keep healing his elbow till it becomes 100% okay! He is not 100% okay yet!

Well, he will know that better than we do. Having played so much cricket, he knows how his body feels, and when he needs a rest and i'm sure he will take appropriate measures for himself. Thatis exactly what Chappell mentioned before.

People don't tend to understand ODI and Test cricket, there is a difference. No matter how many ODI's you play, the first test after a long time you'll be rusty. He has the confidence in him, so does the coach and the team.

furyfoxx said:
Muchos bad news ppl... i read on a news site that Sehwag has been hospitalised with throat infection and body ache. Bad news for India as he may not be fit for the match but theres no confirmation.

Also rumors are that in such a case Dhoni will open with Gambhir....YikeS!!

Thats a huge move. Dhoni only in his 2nd game and he has to keep. Its a tough ask for him. Thats why Gilly doesn't open for Aus its just too much of an ask.
Surely India have another opener in the squad.

furyfoxx said:
Muchos bad news ppl... i read on a news site that Sehwag has been hospitalised with throat infection and body ache. Bad news for India as he may not be fit for the match but theres no confirmation.

Also rumors are that in such a case Dhoni will open with Gambhir....YikeS!!

Oh s**t!!! He was the only batsman who looked good in the previous test!

Anyways, this gives Yuvraj an opportunity to come in! Either Dhoni or one of Ganguly/Yuvraj should be asked to open! No one can take his place in the batting order for granted. If Ganguly needs to stay in the team, he has to bat at whichever place the team requires him. I think Dhoni can be a very good opener but he should be made to open only if India bats first! because after fielding, he would be exhausted after keeping wickets and cant get the required energy so soon to open successfully with Gambhir! So Yuvraj or Ganguly should be ready and should open should India field first!

I hope Sehwag can still make it. If he doesnt, a blow for India!

aussie1st said:
Thats a huge move. Dhoni only in his 2nd game and he has to keep. Its a tough ask for him. Thats why Gilly doesn't open for Aus its just too much of an ask.
Surely India have another opener in the squad.

Dhoni can open if India bat first! If India bowl first, he should not be allowed to open! Yuvraj or Saurav Ganguly should open! In that case, it would be easier for Lanka as they have 2 left handers and need not worry abt changing their lines but we cant risk Dhoni the batsman in such important situations!

Bad news for us. Sehwag is such an important player in our team. I saw the Hindi news today and they were saying it?s not confirmed yet whether he's going to play or not. They will decide before the toss. Yuvraj is the better choice for opening the inning with Gambhir.

I just can't imagine Dhoni successfully opening the innings for India on a fast pacy track in Perth , or making some runs as an opener on a Durban wicket.

Yeah he might score on a Kotla wicket , but the management shouldn't be so short sighted as to make him open tommorrow.

abaddon_67 said:
I just can't imagine Dhoni successfully opening the innings for India on a fast pacy track in Perth , or making some runs as an opener on a Durban wicket.

Yeah he might score on a Kotla wicket , but the management shouldn't be so short sighted as to make him open tommorrow.

I think he will gain that experience playing at the Kotla if India bat first! Te curator Probir Mukherjee, so famous for that Eden Gardens green top against South Africa has prepared another green top and has sounded the warning also "I wont shave the grass off". With Delhi's wintry conditions assisting swing bowling, the team batting first should be in for nightmare on the first day!

I agree, it would not be as worse as foreign conditions.

I don't think Dhoni would be ideal for such a position. His technique is nothing much to talk about, but again Sehwag too doesn't have much footwork.
But we'll need a technically sound batsman, Dhoni can be a "make-shift" opener.

Laxman has opened before (against the aussies i think and he scored a century too) would be a good choice.

with shewag almost out of the 2nd test i guess dhoni is the best among the availbale resources to open along with gambhir. igess yuvraj is better off in the middle order rather than exposing him at the top.

maybe saurav ganguly can take the innitative and open along with shewag coz that will help him gain some respect in the dressing room coz the chances of him satyin in the team for long look very slim.
if he performs well it will be an extra dimension to his profile. he is bein projected as an allrounder which sounds absurd. maybe if he opens he can do some justice to the allrounder tag

Just read on Rediff ..

Dravid missed the last practice session coz he too isn't keeping too well.

Gotta start preparing .. If it continues the same way , i too might find a place in the side.

abaddon_67 said:
Just read on Rediff ..

Dravid missed the last practice session coz he too isn't keeping too well.

Gotta start preparing .. If it continues the same way , i too might find a place in the side.

lol

ganguly will be the most happy man on earth now!!!

well he has a confirmed place in the side!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread