Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
it cud happen
they wud be 1 more of those surprises greg chappel has sprung up

sachin said:
Surprises!Bloody mental thing to do!
yup mate surpirses coz thats wht greg chappel and rahul dravid were quoted sayin in an interview in the oneday series

they want to catch the opposition unprepared and take them by surprise

Sehwag OUT! Dravid, Kaif doubtful.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (do i?) but the Indian team has more challenges facing them than just a powerful Lankan team!

Sehwag has been ruled out of the 2nd Test... Dravid missed a practice session coz he's down with fever and kaif missed it due to stomach ache.... problems problems....

And in case both Dravid and Sehwag are to miss the match, whispers say that Anil Kumble might be Cap'n...

Good news for Yuvi though!

Don't tell me the are gonna make Irfan open now ..

On one hand they say he is not an allrounder yet , and on the other hand give him the responsibility of opening the innings !!

The other day i saw in one of those old matches , Javagal Srinath batting a number 3 . Javagal Srinath of all people !!
We must've been desperately short of pinch hitters then.

This is painful! I hope Dravid turns up for the match! Sehwag is almost 99% ruled out! I hope Dravid plays. Yuvraj can come in for Sehwag. We dont need a bowler more. We can have Yuvraj the batsman play!

Lets see what we have in store for tomorrow

Our prayers get answered ...

Both Kaif and Dravid have been declared fit for tommorrow's test.
The question remains though , does Kaif find a place for himself in the side ?
Very doubtful.

meh, i say try kaif opening! He did an okay job when he was given the one opportunity in sri lanka! He's been good in the top order, but i feel thathe can make quite an impact as an opener with his good temperment, patients, agility, and his abilty to time the ball to perfection!

The batting line up for India is still unclear. With Sehwag not in the team, the attacking mindset must be taken by some other batsman. I will not be surprised if Sachin plays aggressively in this match, or may be even VVS Laxman or Gambhir. The match will revolve on few things:
a) Sachin's possibly 35th test century
b) Ganguly's performance
c) Murali's performance,
d) The spin twins from India

An Indian win depends on two key things
a) The famed Indian quatret clicking, together hopefully
b) How they handle Vaas and Murali.
c) How the spin twins bowl

An Srilankan win depends on
a) Mainly on how Vaas and Murali perform
b) how they will counterattack kumble/bhajji.

Since the kotla pitch is a good one for batting, atleast for the first three days, it will be good contest between the medium-pacers and the batsmen.
Sachin played brilliantly in the first two matches against SL and again showed his aggressive display in two other matches. He has calmed down since then. However, India's best bet against Chaminda Vaas is going to be the little master. If he can curb Vaas, India will have the initial advantage.
Secondly, during the later stages of each day, especially with the medium-old ball, it will be very interesting to see how Laxman/Sachin/Ganguly combination play against Murali and co.

Regarding SL, it'll be interesting to see who opens the batting. Is it going to be KS? or will they surprise India?

Except for Murali and Vaas i don't think any other Sri Lankan bowler deserves any respect. The likes of Fernando n the new leg spinner Malinga whatever should be shown their place.Infact i would anyday prefer the pacer Malinga to Fernando.
If India bats first , Gambhir has to take charge now in Viru's absence and take the attack to the Lankans.Same goes for the rest of the batsmen.
Fever or no fever , Dravid has to be at the wicket when play starts on the 2nd day.

Why in this world do the Lankans make Kumara Sangakarra open the batting. As far as i know the best batsman comes in either at no. 3 or 4.

Users who are viewing this thread