Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Zaheer will be back in the side. He finally realized that he needs to perform, and not take things for granted.

It should start at 10:30 PM, EST and 9:00 am IST. So the toss should be done by now but not updated yet in cricinfo.

Update: India won the toss and elected to bat!
Yuvraj in, Sehwag out. Now the interesting thing we are all waiting for..

who will open with Gambhir?

Last edited:
India won the toss and elected to bat first. Now can't wait to see who's opening. And, the lineup is same as i predicted.

Last edited:
I think Dhoni will probably open!

I hope Chappell doesnt push Irfan Pathan to open!

The match is delayed by 30 minutes and will start at 10:00 IST due to heavy dew.

saisrini80 said:
I think Dhoni will probably open!

I hope Chappell doesnt push Irfan Pathan to open!

I'm sure Chappell wouldn't do anything stupid like that. He has played test cricket, and being a class player himself, he'll know that you'll need technique and skills for opening. Pathan doesn't have that, atleast not technique for an opening batsman.

Either Ganguly or Yuvraj Singh could open.

WOW!!! Dravid opens with Gambhir!
surprise!

Last edited:
Gambhir and Dravid to open the innings. WOW...

Update: NOOOOO. Gambhir gone in the first over by Vass.

Last edited:
Yea, they are bowling a tight line. Its better see off the new ball and then take the advantage.

I think decision by Dravid is not right. He should have bowled first.

Dravid was nicely unravelled by Murali. Laxman's looking decent. This is looking like it could set up Ganguly pretty nicely to rescue India and solidify his position in the team.

Dravid gone and here comes in Sachin. India is off to a bad start.
India 61/2 (16.0 ov) Laxman on 31. Come on India

Dhoni said:
Dravid gone and here comes in Sachin. India is off to a bad start.
India 61/2 (16.0 ov) Laxman on 31. Come on India

Not a bad start at all. Laxman looking in ominous touch (touchwood!). Tendulkar is looking much more positive. Dravid's decision seemed a bit controversial to me! And he too looked good. Only Gambhir is a failure today!

The match is even at this moment according to me! The post lunch session (2.5 hrs due to a late start!) will be decisive. This test match can be really exciting.

What a poor wicket is this? Looking like an sbsolute dust bowl on the first day itself. I dont think its bouncing much as said by Probir Mukherjee! At least the Indian batsmen are not making it look menacing as they did at Chennai! Lets see how we play!

saisrini80 said:
Not a bad start at all. Laxman looking in ominous touch (touchwood!). Tendulkar is looking much more positive. Dravid's decision seemed a bit controversial to me! And he too looked good. Only Gambhir is a failure today!

The match is even at this moment according to me! The post lunch session (2.5 hrs due to a late start!) will be decisive. This test match can be really exciting.

What a poor wicket is this? Looking like an sbsolute dust bowl on the first day itself. I dont think its bouncing much as said by Probir Mukherjee! At least the Indian batsmen are not making it look menacing as they did at Chennai! Lets see how we play!

True. If what happened in Chennai was a wake-up call for India, then it really taught them a lesson. Laxman is looking good, and provided he builds a good partnership with Sachin in the post lunch-session, it will be advantage India.

Yes, the pitch is doing a thing or two for the spinners and it is proving to be a good toss to bat as it is difficult to bat last on a dust bowl. With Sri Lanka having to face Kumble and Bhajji it might well be a good choice.

But for now, it all depends on the batting pair of Laxman and Sachin, if atleast one can make it big....

Users who are viewing this thread