Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
definatly. Attapatu has to open for sri lanka! He has a case of low self esteem! upul tharanga and attaptu at the top are key for sl, along with Sangakkara at 3.

cricket_lover said:
The batting line up for India is still unclear. With Sehwag not in the team, the attacking mindset must be taken by some other batsman. I will not be surprised if Sachin plays aggressively in this match, or may be even VVS Laxman or Gambhir. The match will revolve on few things:
a) Sachin's possibly 35th test century
b) Ganguly's performance
c) Murali's performance,
d) The spin twins from India

An Indian win depends on two key things
a) The famed Indian quatret clicking, together hopefully
b) How they handle Vaas and Murali.
c) How the spin twins bowl

An Srilankan win depends on
a) Mainly on how Vaas and Murali perform
b) how they will counterattack kumble/bhajji.

Since the kotla pitch is a good one for batting, atleast for the first three days, it will be good contest between the medium-pacers and the batsmen.
Sachin played brilliantly in the first two matches against SL and again showed his aggressive display in two other matches. He has calmed down since then. However, India's best bet against Chaminda Vaas is going to be the little master. If he can curb Vaas, India will have the initial advantage.
Secondly, during the later stages of each day, especially with the medium-old ball, it will be very interesting to see how Laxman/Sachin/Ganguly combination play against Murali and co.

Regarding SL, it'll be interesting to see who opens the batting. Is it going to be KS? or will they surprise India?

That was a good summary of the second test!

I agree with most of them! Thank god, Dravid is declared fit for tomorrow's test. Kaif might not find a place in the XI. The think tank might go in with Yuvraj and ask Ganguly to open (a lot of people favor Ganguly opening with Gambhir! See www.cricketnext.com poll at the bottom on the right hand side!)

Since the wicket has a little bit of grass and with the winter conditions, ,the pacemen can get assistance in the first morning and the subsequent mornings of each day's play. So I dont think this test match will end up in a draw. The strong possibility of a result looms!

If Sachin can take up the aggression in the place of Virender Sehwag, he can be even more devastating than Sehwag! Sachin is a master and Sehwag is the blaster. When the master also becomes a blaster, the combination is even more lethal! Hope it happens!

I favor RP Singh over Ajit Agarkar. We need someone who can relied upon for bowling tight and picking up wickets! Agarkar even though he has improved his bowling still remains a "once in 20 games" bowler! He has to make way for RP Singh who can hold the bat as well as Agarkar!

I think the final chance for Ganguly to show that he still has some cricket left in him! If he opens, thats the biggest opportunity! He shouldnt try to back out. He should grab it with both hands! Opening and scoring will tremendously boost his confidence as well as gain him respect in the dressing room for taking up the challenge (not that this is his first time taking up a challenge!).

Over to Delhi! I am going to spend the next 5 nights without any sleep (will compensate it during the day!).

Yeah good points sai! Since the kolkatta wicket is green, i would like ganguly to be given a couple of overs. If he can come back, he must come back with a bang: as an allrounder!

Interesting, wouldn't it be, if our captain and vice-captain (Dravid and Sehwag) don't play. Who would be captain then--Dada?

That would be awesome! Just think if we win...the selectors will have a lot more to think about! If he does get the opportunity, im sure he'll use that spank-back attitude of his and deliver! Tendulkar might be a good option as well! also can groom a future captain in kaif/yuvraj!

sohummisra said:
Interesting, wouldn't it be, if our captain and vice-captain (Dravid and Sehwag) don't play. Who would be captain then--Dada?

An end put to all such speculations - Dravid declared fit for the Delhi test

If India bat tomorrow, its going to be an interesting sight seeing who will open! I am not going to guess!

My lineup for the 2nd Test.

Batting Lineup:

Gautam Gambhir
Sourav Ganguly
*Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
Yuvraj Singh
+MS. Dhoni
I Pathan
Ajit Agarkar
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble

Bowling Options:

I. Pathan
Ajit Agrakar
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble
Sourav Ganguly
Yuvraj Singh
Sachin Tendulkar

I don't think Ganguly will be sent into open, especially if he is being played an all-rounder and especially if he is looking for a fair opportunity to show that he is still good enough for India.

Dhoni said:
If RP Singh comes in then who is going to be out?

Ajit Agarkar! I think Agarkar bowled economically in Chennai but he needs to be innovative and take wickets! RP Singh might do that! We should try him out! We cant let the Sri Lankans off to the way they scored those 168 runs!

Agarkar's performance is something selectors will be looking for. If he fails to deliver, then he will be replaced by RP Singh.

I think we just need to wait for the match to start and see who is staying out. Agarkar or RP Singh?

Users who are viewing this thread