Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What would happen if India loose this one. A fitting end to Tendulkar records' story. Sachin should have moved on to make a double hundred and same sort of stuff from Ganguly was also expected. But I knew they won't dissappoint me(/sarcasm). Its all about momentum and SL had it from the last match only to be neglected by the Indian team and their supporters alike.

Indian batsmen are to be blamed . They had no business to lose 7 wickets for 45 runs !
Now you`ll find how good a track this is for batting when Agarkar bowls . I still would need an extra special performance from him to convince me that he is a decent test match bowler . The selectors will find out how big a mistake it was in not playing Zaheer . Mark my words . The only hope is Anil Kumble to bowl well on his favourite venue . It should be a motivating factor that Murali has taken 7 wickets .

siddharth2002 said:
What would happen if India loose this one. A fitting end to Tendulkar records' story. Sachin should have moved on to make a double hundred and same sort of stuff from Ganguly was also expected. But I knew they won't dissappoint me(/sarcasm). Its all about momentum and SL had it from the last match only to be neglected by the Indian team and their supporters alike.

The expectations were all thrown to trash! It still is a good batting wicket and the Indian bowlers are going to definitely find it difficult to pick wickets!

We are going to be in for a long hard day!

I wont blame Sachin. He was at the receiving end of a bad decision. He tried something cheeky against Murali who was too tight for comfort and got a bad decision! Saurav was ill at ease against Murali and I would say he had to go even though he too didnt look out at all! Pathan's second duck in this series! Surprising! But he too is human after all. Dhoni - Great ball. Its considered the ball of the year by Cricinfo! Rest, undebatable!

aditya123 said:
Now you`ll find how good a track this is for batting when Agarkar bowls . I still would need an extra special performance from him to convince me that he is a decent test match bowler . The selectors will find out how big a mistake it was in not playing Zaheer . Mark my words . The only hope is Anil Kumble to bowl well on his favourite venue . It should be a motivating factor that Murali has taken 7 wickets .

Agarkar didnt give much runs in the last Chennai test.

10-3-29-0 is a perfect test bowling analysis!

Kumble and Harbhajan have to slug it out. Dravid should bowl Agarkar and Pathan less. He should bowl Tendulkar on this wicket. No worries of being hit all over, Tendulkar can loop the ball and can give it some serious tweak! Even Yuvraj can bowl some overs! Saurav shouldnt be bowled. This wicket has nothing for the fast bowlers!

I doubt if this wicket would last the fifth day! If this match lasts the fifth day, the side batting at that time would find it too hazardous to bat on and would like to have as small a target as possible!

UPDATE: Ganguly doing two diving efforts at mid on! Is this a new Ganguly? I think yes!

Indians fielding very well. Tendulkar, ganguly and Kumble doing well on the field!

Last edited:
Just saw someone gave -ve reps with stating that to learn to respect Sachin. What the hell is that supposed to mean, I am entitled to my opinion so better counter it here in this thread. Whoever it was obviously a w@nker and thats the best he can come up with. For setting the record straight, I don't disrespect Tendulkar but he has been found wanting every time and has hardly delivered, this match being another example. He got out when the runs were really needed and after that painstaking century with couple of close calls. I don't need someone with 35 or 50 hundreds but a player who will hit only 5 or 10 but when needed the most and finish the job for team.

siddharth2002 said:
Just saw someone gave -ve reps with stating that to learn to respect Sachin. What the hell is that supposed to mean, I am entitled to my opinion so better counter it here in this thread. Whoever it was obviously a w@nker and thats the best he can come up with. For setting the record straight, I don't disrespect Tendulkar but he has been found wanting every time and has hardly delivered, this match being another example. He got out when the runs were really needed and after that painstaking century with couple of close calls. I don't need someone with 35 or 50 hundreds but a player who will hit only 5 or 10 but when needed the most and finish the job for team.

Oh plz! Had he been out yesterday early as when he was out for 22 in Chennai, this situation might have been worse for India! Why blame Tendulkar for the collapse? The whole batting today is to be blamed!

I have heard many a criticisms like these against Tendulkar! But the thing is, he builds the foundation for the team to capitalise on! he is a foundation builder. At times, he might do the finishing job but he is more of a foundation builder!

saisrini80 said:
Oh plz! Had he been out yesterday early as when he was out for 22 in Chennai, this situation might have been worse for India! Why blame Tendulkar for the collapse? The whole batting today is to be blamed!

I have heard many a criticisms like these against Tendulkar! But the thing is, he builds the foundation for the team to capitalise on! he is a foundation builder. At times, he might do the finishing job but he is more of a foundation builder!
Its alright not to worry, I just want to know who gave me -ve reps, not that I care but its always good to know what kind of people you are surrounded with.

Kumble takes 3, including two in two balls.

Sri Lanka 179/5 (60.4 ov)
Sri Lanka trail by 111 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

10.2 overs left.

Kumble picks up Atapattu! That is stumps on day 2. The match is even here. I am quite sure we will get a result in this game. Tomorrow's morning will be important. India will look to get them all out by 250. Then they will look to bat 1.75 days and get Srilanka to bat on the last 1.25 days and bowl them out.

Users who are viewing this thread