Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kumble's ball to Samaraweera was the best. Pitched on Leg, Hit off. Completely unlike Kumble's bowling. So, no, the pitch isn't turning. [/triple sarcasm].

Had to do it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The old warhorse has done it again .. How many times have we seen Jumbo coem up with a face saving performance like this. While Bhajji was getting tonked all over , Kumble goes ahead and does smthing like this.He is the bowling version of Rahul Dravid.

My Predictions for the rest of the innings :
1. Sri Lanka get bowled out for 260 .. With Kumble taking 6 wickets.
2. India score 225 , Dravid beign the top scorer.
3. Lanka get dismissed for 190 with Harbhajan being the chief destroyer.

Great bowling by Kumble and India are right back in the game now. We have to get them all out for 220-30 tomorrow.

I think they should invent a new term to describe Murali, called Right Arm Googly, because he turns it both ways equal number of times. His doosra spins more than Kumble and Bandara.

I'm sure Kumble will looking to take the revenge and picks up 7 wickets like Murli did. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Noone in the world with a crooked arm will be as happy as Murali. I think we need a Stop Murali before spin bowling is humiliated subject forum rather than Stop Lee before someone dies.

The match is even here, but still I'm worried. What if Muri does it again in the 2nd Indian inning just like he did in the first inning? I :upray Murli gets injured. lolz...just kiddin!

Last edited:
AK does it again . He has won more matchs on Indian than anyon else other that Sachin Tendulkar .

The persistent line and length of this man is amazing . He could be called the Glen Mcgrath of spin bowling . Not a big turner but you need not be a huge turner to take wickets as he hs shown time and again . . Nearing 500 wickets now, a great bowler and a very underrated one as well .
How many times have we seen the last session of the day earning wickets for India . WE saw it in the Ind-Aus series in 2001 and it has been a pattern since then .

meanwhile good news for hockey fans ! India have beaten Pakistan 3-2 in a pulsating encounter after being 2-0 down .

Kumble strikes after Murali magic. Yes Kumble and Pathan are on fire. Kumble with 4 wickets and Pathan with 2 wickets. India 290 and Sri Lanka 198/6 (70.3 ov)

aditya123 said:
AK does it again . He has won more matchs on Indian than anyon else other that Sachin Tendulkar .

The persistent line and length of this man is amazing . He could be called the Glen Mcgrath of spin bowling . Not a big turner but you need not be a huge turner to take wickets as he hs shown time and again . . Nearing 500 wickets now, a great bowler and a very underrated one as well .
How many times have we seen the last session of the day earning wickets for India . WE saw it in the Ind-Aus series in 2001 and it has been a pattern since then .

meanwhile good news for hockey fans ! India have beaten Pakistan 3-2 in a pulsating encounter after being 2-0 down .

Kumble has won more matches for India than Tendulkar did! Especially at home.

So its the tale of two spinners, each of them heavyweights in their own right. This is test cricket at its best.

I was really amazed with Murali's bowling! He is a great, perhaps will be the the greatest spinner but i could not imagine the damage he would do. Kudos!

On these conditions i would have gone for Mohd. Kaif. He is much better technically, and handles the spinners very well. An idea no. 6 for India. Yuvraj should come, probably, to face the pacers. Once he is comfortable then his confidence will increase, when he plays spin.

Liike people said, concentration is a vital factor.

Kumble did what we expected of him. One wicket sometime and he can run through the line up with some intelligent bowling.

The game is very balanced, if India can get a 50 run lead and score 300~, it'll be very nice.

ravigoteti said:
Kumble has won more matches for India than Tendulkar did! Especially at home.

So its the tale of two spinners, each of them heavyweights in their own right. This is test cricket at its best.

I was really amazed with Murali's bowling! He is a great, perhaps will be the the greatest spinner but i could not imagine the damage he would do. Kudos!

On these conditions i would have gone for Mohd. Kaif. He is much better technically, and handles the spinners very well. An idea no. 6 for India. Yuvraj should come, probably, to face the pacers. Once he is comfortable then his confidence will increase, when he plays spin.

Liike people said, concentration is a vital factor.

Kumble did what we expected of him. One wicket sometime and he can run through the line up with some intelligent bowling.

The game is very balanced, if India can get a 50 run lead and score 300~, it'll be very nice.

Yes man! This is certainly test cricket at its best! The match swinging one way or the other!

Great bowling by Kumble! I was watching the match till 4am EST and Sri Lanka just started proceedings after tea at 108/2 and I went to sleep and mumbled to myself "Jayawardena and Atapattu are going to score big and Sri Lanka will touch India's total today itself". When I woke up now, what a pleasant surprise!!!!

India should have a lead of at least 50. And if India can set a target of at least 270-280, then we will be in a very good position to win the match!

avk2love said:
can't wait for tommorrow , both sides evenly balanced

Tomorrow is going to be crucially important!

It's not going to be that easy for India to score 280-90 in their 2nd inning. I think Dravid should promote Dhoni on top of the order and make him to play his natural game. If Dhoni gets settled and then watch what will happen? Even Murli, who picked up 7 wickets in the first inning, will have tough time bowling out there to Dhoni. We all know how Dhoni plays once he gets settle.
My opinion for playing on this pitch is to play aggressive because I've seen both teams playing defensive and losing wickets without scoring runs.

Last edited:
Dhoni said:
It's not going to be that easy for India to score 280-90 in their 2nd inning. I think Dravid should promote Dhoni on top of the order and make him to play his natural game. If Dhoni gets settled and then watch what will happen? Even Murli, who picked up 7 wickets in the first inning, will have tough time bowling out there to Dhoni. We all know how Dhoni plays once he gets settle.
My opinion for playing on this pitch is to play aggressive because I've seen both teams playing defensive and losing wickets without scoring runs.

Actually we don't know how Dhoni plays. Playing murali is very difficult and Dhoni is not very technically sound. He might score runs but the probability of getting out is very high.

But its good if he can flay the fast bowlers, as the pitch isn't working that well. Indians will need to play Vaas, Fernando and Bandara well and play it safe against Murali.

Users who are viewing this thread