Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ZoraxDoom said:
Oddly enough, Gavaskar played 125 matches for his 34 hundreds. This was Sachin's 125th match...
However, Sachin has scored just over 100 runs more than Gavskar at this stage.

Spooky :p

And Lara has 32 hundreds in 122 matches .. Lets see if he can score 3 centuries in the next 3 tests to match Sachin . Not that it would make any difference to anyone.
But wouldn't it be a nice coincidence .. The two best batsmen of their generation taking the same number of matches to reach a milestone.

langerrox said:
I wouldn't right off Ponting for the record for most test tons, Punters probley got 6/7 years whislt tendulkar have only a few, But great work by an amazing batsman:cheer

I don't understand. If Ponting has 6/7 years left then Tundulkar has almost just as much. Ponting is 31 and Tendulkar is 32 so they are not that far apart. So they will retire pretty close to each other and Ponting needs make up 10 to get to Tendulkar. So I am not so sure that he can.

But this tennis elbow Tendulkar has will always be there, even in the background, it wont go away.

If KP and/or Bell stays in selection i wouldn't bet against them reaching there.

Bell i feel is the most over hyped cricketer in international cricket today .. Let him score as many runs he wants today , he won't be making it too far.

The same though doesn't go for KP ..

10sld2.jpg

From This /\ To \/ This :)

10sld1.jpg

:boxing 16 Year's Of Hardwork, The First Man To Hit 50 Hundreds In International Cricket, The Only One To Score 24165 Runs, Now The Man With Most Centuries, Weather It's ODI or TEST, Batting or Bowling, Pure Genius, The Master Blaster, The God of Cricket :hpraise - Sachin Tendulkar :clap

Sachin Tendulkar - ICC

ODI - 358 Matches 13909 Runs 186* Highest 38 Centuries 44.01 Average 85.91 Runrate

Test - 125 Matches 10256 Runs 248* Highest 35 Centuries 57.50 Average

Total - 483 Matches 24165 Runs 73 Centuries 50.55 Average

Picture's By Rediff.com

By The Way This Is My 150th Post - Another Half-Century :D

ZoraxDoom said:
Also, anyone remeber who was with Sachin when he got his hundred?

Thats right, his old friend and team mate, Saurav Ganguly.

Really spooky...:p

Definitely! A great moment!

m_vaughan said:
I disagree. I think it is a good pitch to bat on now, and it might change over the next few days and assist the bowlers more.

NO! It was an up and down pitch... Murali was getting the ball to bite off the surface. He was dangerous to play and Ganguly and Tendulkar survived a lot of appeals! And earlier in the day, Dravid and Laxman had to contend with the moving ball in cold conditions!

Salute Dravid at this moment! In spite of being down with fever the previous day, he gambles on batting first and what great thing, comes out to open the innings. I know that he is the best man for the job! Was trying to lead by example! He almost clicked in a big way today but was disappointingly caught at short leg.

Will Saurav score a ton tomorrow? I want it badly. This has been a very gritty and a very important innings! Let it last till the milestone of a century!

Sureshot said:
But this tennis elbow Tendulkar has will always be there, even in the background, it wont go away.

If KP and/or Bell stays in selection i wouldn't bet against them reaching there.

Lets enjoy while some one eclipses that elusive record!

Dwelling into if's is a waste of time in my opinion! If so, even I could say Sehwag or Yuvraj stand in line to break the record if they remain till they are 35 or so!

abaddon_67 said:
Bell i feel is the most over hyped cricketer in international cricket today .. Let him score as many runs he wants today , he won't be making it too far.

The same though doesn't go for KP ..

Over hyped?

Still had a brilliant test series in Pakistan, a tough place to debut away.

And he will be making it far, he'll be our next Graham Thorpe.

sachinisgod said:
I SALUTE THE MASTER BATSMAN!!!

Congrats to him!

But

can't believe people here still havent understood one fact...

SACHIN IS GOD

btw, for those who like to crib...just keep counting the wickets when the Sri Lankans bat...this aint the usual Delhi dodo of a pitch...and hence Sachin's knock is great...

and those shouts jdbais is talkin abt...they were just that...shouts and too loud at that...unnecessary appeals coz there are some technical things like expected turn of the ball, the direction of spin and the line of hitting that need to be taken into account...and when the best umpire in the world turned them down who are us to crib?

and btw, watch out for a hailstorm in Delhi tomorrow...

cheers
Welcome back mate ! I just had a feeling that one of your posts was around the corner !
Superb achievement by the Little man !
People must not forget that this record will take some getting to be broken because Sachin can easily reach the 45 hundred mark . Not to forget he has 38 ODI 100s !
Please do not compare him to B.C.Lara, both are greats in their own right .

Sureshot said:

If you say KP and Bell are in the race, then Sehwag is the most probable to reach there because he already has 9 centuries in 30 odd games !
KP and Bell will have to achieve somthing enormous to achieve what Sachin and Lara have done . We are previleged to be born in an era of these 2 geniuses .
Also, Sachin is just 32 and if he is selective in playing games, he can last for 4 years at least which could easily mean at least 10 centuries ( 2 each year is not a huge ask) . That leaves us with a record of 45 100s . It would mean that firt of all, the above mentioned playres will have to be good enough to last in intl cricket for a longer period of time.

Like Tony Greig once said
"there is sachin, then there is daylight and then the rest"

If you look at his game over the last three years, he slowed down from his aggressive instinct but the records keep flowing at a higher rate.

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1326978.cms

Just after Day 1, when the whole team celebrates his century by cutting the cake and popping the champagne, Sachin makes a small speech "Lets take a vow. Lets win the next World Cup. That, for me, is the biggest celebration of all"...

I simply was moved by that speech! The whole team is focussed on the mega event! The fans are eagerly awaiting that crowning moment of glory that has evaded them for the past 22 years (from 1983!).

The article also states the jointness of the team mates. Even Saurav Ganguly comes out and makes a pleasing comment on Sachin's 35th ton illustrating the togetherness of the team! I pray to god that it stays forever!

Why the bias?

Why is it that everytime Sachin breaks yet another 20-30 year old record, there are certain people always try to bring him down? And why all the Sachin-Lara debate everytime each of these players break a century old batting record? We are fortunate to see two of the cricket's greatest batsmen who have ever played the game in the same era.

Most batsman even find it difficult to play for 16 years let alone break almost each and every batting record one can possibly think of.

He is truly a great batsman and will probably go down in history as the best batsman the game had. Breaking his records or even reaching them is secondary as compared to the inspiring talent one sees, when he is batting or more precisely "flowing".

Hariz said:
He is truly a great batsman and will probably go down in history as the best batsman the game had. Breaking his records or even reaching them is secondary as compared to the inspiring talent one sees, when he is batting or more precisely "flowing".

I agree very much!

Hariz said:
Very true indeed. Here is a link to download Sachin's celebration...it was edited by someone...not sure if there is any copyright...but here it is...enjoy!

**LINK REMOVED. DO NOT POST COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL**

If the admin or mods have a problem with this just delete the link...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread