Sri Lanka in New Zealand

I don't think series wins do anything to the ICC table so that is not really a problem. I see the difference between the statistical and prize-money perspective--I just think it's stupid. I think it's just a situation where anal logic is exceeding common sense.

For fans I wouldn't want SL batting first. Their batting can be really shakey as we have seen in the 1st ODI. I would like to see how much the NZ batting lineup can make in 50 overs.

andrew_nixon said:
Sure it wasn't the second? :p

lol who knows :) 4 ODI games classed as washed out and then starting a whole new series with only 4 ODIs in the same country. They should have just continued with the series as was reported on the news when the games were canceled.

As what happens if SL win the last 2 games? NZ will be saying we won the series casue of the win last year.

Oh ok now its making more sense then.

3rd ODI game is about even. Fulton hit a 50 and Flemming a 30 odd. This current partnership of Styris and Marshall is the key now. Marshall looks in much better form and if he can stay there at the death NZ will have a good total.

At the moment New Zealand 155/5 (33.4 Ovs)

Styris is out of only 13 runs. :mad: But Cairns is coming in now. So far the runrate is pretty good.

And Cairns is out to Vass who is having a field day today. SL have a good chance of winning this although McCullum and Marshall have had some great partnerships.

New Zealand 165/6 (37.0 Ovs) Runrate 4.5.

McCullum is a pretty good hitter. I would say New Zealand could reach around 240 runs now with that runrate including the late hitting. Unless McCullum gets out early.

You wish is Vass' command :) Great partnership I think not :p Great performance by Vass 5 wickets. Styris should cause problems if Vass is able to get 5 wickets.

Marshall is out too now. New Zealand 183/8 (42.0 Ovs)

I would say New Zealand will reach about 210 runs. Unless they're bowled out.

Bowled out looks the most likely option after Murali got Vettori. Bond can smash a few though so NZ may reach 200. Franklin is no mug with the bat either.

Users who are viewing this thread