Sri Lanka in West Indies

I really can't wait for the ODI series now, and Dare, I was following it too, thank you very much. :p

Are the injured Malinga, Fernando and Maharoof going to feature? I can't imagine Thushara being good in ODIs, so it should be Welegedera's turn again, I like this guy.

I want Kaushal Lokk....., the leggie all rounder, to play, he's quite good. :p

As far as i know Malinga and Maharoof are out for ODI also.
Don't know about Frnando though.Lokurachi well he has played some matches for Srilanka though they never used him as Regular spinner but i think this time he will be their prime Choice.

I really can't wait for the ODI series now, and Dare, I was following it too, thank you very much. :p

Are the injured Malinga, Fernando and Maharoof going to feature? I can't imagine Thushara being good in ODIs, so it should be Welegedera's turn again, I like this guy.

I want Kaushal Lokk....., the leggie all rounder, to play, he's quite good. :p

none of those 3 are playing in the ODI series. I expect them to play the same bowlers they played in the CB series in Australia. probably Vaas, Amerasinghe, Kapugedera and than another fast bowler, I don't see Welegedara listed in the SL ODI squad so I'm not sure if hes even going to play. The will probably use Bandara or Udawatte as their spinner.

as for the Windies. Morton, Patrick Browne, Sammy, Kieron Pollard and Benn have been recalled for the ODI series.

and Vaibhav i hope your wrong and Samuels doesn't score any runs so that he finally gets dropped from the team.

Well You know Dare.
I want WI to be More composite against Aussis.I don?t think it will be wise to go with 8 or 9 young players to Aussis.WI still need to fire up there old horses..Same as If Sawan and Chandrapaul would had not perform then WI never able to win last test.I think as far as test match is concerned I agree Samules is a Waste.
But still He can be handy in ODIs.
Ok Answer last time WI have played ________?
The top scorer was __________?..lol..:p

Samuels isn't even that great in ODIs, he averages 29 which is ok i guess. Pollard averages 41 in 12 List A matches and Patrick Browne averages 50+ in 3 ODIs he played both are younger and look like better batsman than Samuels. Morton might even be a better #4 than him in ODIs.

my WI XI

Chattergoon
Gayle
Sarwan
Browne/Pollard
Chanderpual
Bravo
Ramdin
Benn/Sammy
Taylor
Powell
Edwards

and is you match a ODI or Test?

o and congrats to Chanderpual on passing G.Greenidge on the West Indies all time run scorers list. He needs 500 runs to pass Sobers and 1000 to pass Sir Viv.

Ya I forgot to metion about Chandrapaul record though..Congrats to him..
Actually My girl friend giving me Stress.She is irritate by this non stop Cricket.Neither She understand Cricket nor English coomentry..Mena time in past month i have watched all England matches from 1 am to 8am with loud English Commentry so I need to adjuct..lol..

I think If i'll have choice then i'll go ith benn.
So probably my 11 will be

Chattergoon
Gayle
Sarwan
Pollard
Chanderpual
Bravo
Ramdin
Benn
Taylor
Sammy
Edwards

But I ma not Sure WI will paly with two spinners or not.i am afraid they don't because they have gayle as good spinning option so..

What about Xavier Marshall, you guys? What are his chances of breaking into the team again? How has he been doing domestically?

He looks a lot like Virat Kohli when he bats.

Ya I have seen him in Under-19.Another Young container.
But I never thought that i am gonna see benn,Sammy Ect..I think they are bringing these young players good Enough.
Another Consideration about Marshall is his behaviour.He is not still Mature.:p

What about Xavier Marshall, you guys? What are his chances of breaking into the team again? How has he been doing domestically?

He looks a lot like Virat Kohli when he bats.

he has allot of potential but he still has improving to do, he still doesn't have a first class century but he is young only 22 so he has allot ahead of him.

If you ask me i would have him in the team ahead of Samuels but there are other guys who are better at the moment.

But I ma not Sure WI will paly with two spinners or not.i am afraid they don't because they have gayle as good spinning option so..

They only have one full time spinner, Jaggernauth wasn't selected for the ODIs. He hasn't played allot One Day cricket for T&T, 2 matches i think.

Last edited:
Yeah WI you earned me 12000 in Vbookie yeah:happy:happy:happy

They only have one full time spinner, Jaggernauth wasn't selected for the ODIs. He hasn't played allot One Day cricket for T&T, 2 matches i think.
West Indian cricket, it's time to move out of the 1980s.

Well I think WI will play safe for 1st ODI so I don't think Sammy or Benn will get a Call.
Probably Sewnarine Chattergoon will open with Gayle.Hope WI open the Sries with Style.Srilanka might go with Mahela Udawatte..
Can't wait for the Match to get Start.

What is it with Sri Lanka and picking crap batsmen, Mubarak averages under 30 in FC cricket, Udawatt averages under 30 in List A games and only just 30 in FC games, Kapugedra averages 31 in FC cricket and 21 in List A games, Warnapura only averages 36 in FC cricket. Their young players don't seem to be anywhere near as good as the likes of Jayasuriya, Sangakkara, Jayawardene, etc etc. I think they could be in real problems in 10 years time.

Users who are viewing this thread