Sri Lanka in West Indies

well the target is 253 which is definitely a makable score. both teams have made more than that in their innings so far so if the West Indies don't chase this down i will be really disappointed. Gayle and Chattergoon need to get of to a good start tomorrow and survive the new ball, Sarwan needs to keep doing what he has done so far and Chanders we desperately need a big innings from him.
One other thing, Bravo is the best batting talent to come out of the Caribbean in a long time and why they play him at #7 is beyond me, he should be coming in earlier at #4 or #5.

Good bowling from Taylor to pick up 4 wickets and a even better batting performance from Samaraweera, a great century from him to get his side to a fighting score and good support from Vaas.

I thinkthe Windies will take this one,or rather they should. Nevertheless,a very good display of batting from Samaraweera and Vaas.

What 253. They were struggling at 95-6. Lol Vaas might have been awesome.

A small spell from Murli and game is over for WI.

You are forgetting that SRL can crumble under pressure. Also,if Gayle builds up a galestorm,SRL will lose.
Vaas and Murali are the key here,but Windies do have Gayle,Chanders and Sarwan.

Well at the moment its very Balance.
Sarwan is there so I am not worrying for Target.
Samules need to play today Its enough form him now.

EDIT:Its again Samules has let WI down.
Thats was far more bad Shot selection as Test cricket is concerned.
He should had read Slower deliveries at any day.

It looks more Difficult for WI now.
Last pair who can make it for WI.Sarwan is Rock solid and He needs to play throughout If WI wants to make this.

Last edited:
I think the Windies will clinch this one, I can see a big partnership between Chanderpaul and Sarwan.

Touch Wood.
Hope your words get some Respect.I think If these two pairs will pass 180 then WI have a chance.
Though Its look very Dark and I think Rain is coming soon.
I don't want rain because it always fall of Wickets after Rain Break..

Can go either way now. If Chanderpaul and Sarwan can put on 70-120 then WI will be in a much happier position, however all it takes is for the Lankans to nip a couple out now and they'll be well on top. Very interesting poised.

And Sadly Its raining there.
Umpire have Declared lunch But It has took them 25 Minutes to cover whole Ground.
Its very Dark there and I think Rain will make pitch more Dump.

Game is still very open can go either way.

Last edited:
It surprises me that West Indies didn't make quicker runs, because they can win this match.

They need 160 runs from 60 overs and there are 7 wickets. Because of the rain there will be less overs, because West Indies should reach it.

This is 4th day Zahid.:p
They have 60 + 90 tomorrow If Rain won't trouble.
Anyway Rain has stopped.Its still very dark out there.

:p
No WC WI have really worked hard to win this.
Specially in bowling.This win will really boost up there confidence.
Only 150 Required..Go Sarwan.

WI could have won this yesterday if Vaas wasn't such a dogged, downright annoying No.8.

The fate of this match rests on Chanderpaul and Sarwan particularly since Chanderpaul plays spin very well and I'm so sure the rest can handle Murali.

:mad :mad Samuels is a total waste of sapece.

Well the match is in the balance, these 2 hold the key for West Indies. I hope Ronnie can make this into a big score.

Users who are viewing this thread