Sri Lanka tour of India - November/December 2017

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I can't believe cricket has become so important than health. Entire Delhi is being suffocated and strangled and people are saying 'a little vomiting here and there is totally fine'. Praying people start seeing sports for what it really is - just entertainment. It's not above health and personal things.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It's a shame really and I don't see situation improving in the coming years. International ban on playing in Kotla / Delhi possible now?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It's a shame really and I don't see situation improving in the coming years. International ban on playing in Kotla / Delhi possible now?

It seems like Kotla/Delhi won't get its next international game until 2020 (read an article yday; can't remember where). If that's the case, Delhi gets a lucky chance to set things right if they do not want to risk a ban of games being scheduled in the city.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think SL might've had a chance at winning the Test had Mathews not been unfairly given out.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You're kidding, right? Are you saying SL would have scored at close to 6 rpo for the entire innings?
They certainly would've got closer. Didn't you see at what pace Dickwella was scoring?
I just said they might've had a chance. Who knows, maybe he would've gotten out the next ball.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They certainly would've got closer. Didn't you see at what pace Dickwella was scoring?
No they wouldn't have. SL went into bat with the sole aim of surviving/saving the match.

And regarding Dickwella, there's a difference between scoring at a good rate for 30-45 mins and sustaining it throughout the innings.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No they wouldn't have. SL went into bat with the sole aim of surviving/saving the match.

And regarding Dickwella, there's a difference between scoring at a good rate for 30-45 mins and sustaining it throughout the innings.
Ha, you are clearly a magician, as you can without a doubt say that they wouldn't even have got closer than they did. No point in me arguing with you then. You know everything already.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Ha, you are clearly a magician, as you can without a doubt say that they wouldn't even have got closer than they did. No point in me arguing with you then. You know everything already.
He is saying without doubt that they wouldn't have won because that's the fact. Chasing in 4th innings is difficult. And Matthews certainly is a good player, but not a great player. ABD and the Saffers couldn't do it in their home conditions few years back and you are telling Lankans will do with their team ? No way man. They were surviving, not chasing and even if Matthews had stayed, they wouldn't have come close to winning.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Ha, you are clearly a magician...
Nope. Just stating that after having watched years of International cricket.

1. It's a Test Match
  2. SL were batting last on a 5th day pitch
  3. Right from the start of the innings, there was never any intent of winning the match. It was only after seeing off the lunch session and first hour of the final session (where they knew losing was pretty much taken out of the picture) did they start scoring freely
  4. India had bowled 103 overs in the 2nd innings out of which 16 were bowled on day 4. So effectively SL needed 387 runs from a possible of 90 overs on day 5. India bowled 87 of them so that meant a required run rate of 4.3 rpo right from the start of day 5. Tell me how many times has that happened?
  5. Indian bowling would never have allowed that
  6. and many more reasons...

I was looking forward to having a healthy debate but alas you gave up so early.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I never said they would've 100% won.
And I'm saying there was 0% chance of them winning. It would have been different had the Sri Lankans batted with intent right from the start of their innings.

You're going off of the last 30-45 mins of the match whereas I'm basing my conclusion based on the entire innings.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And I'm saying there was 0% chance of them winning. It would have been different had the Sri Lankans batted with intent right from the start of their innings.

You're going off of the last 30-45 mins of the match whereas I'm basing my conclusion based on the entire innings.
The approach used in the last 35-40 minutes might've been used earlier had Mathews been there, imo.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Alright, before this gets out of hand. Stop it right there.

Users who are viewing this thread