Sri Lanka Tour of the UAE and Pakistan - September/October 2017

Which of these batsmen deserves to be selected in Pakistan's Test squad?

• Total voters
Last statement is a bit of a fallacy. India have their own template for a test side that they can chop and change at will if they see fit. The seniors already form the back-bone of the side and are established in the XI.
There's nothing to support his "ready to go" statement. That's what i was saying.

Guys let's not make this a India vs Pakistan thread... :p :D

Last statement is a bit of a fallacy. India have their own template for a test side that they can chop and change at will if they see fit. The seniors already form the back-bone of the side and are established in the XI.
Pakistan however are reeling after the recent retirements and are yet to find what works best in the longer format. No doubt that they will eventually once/if the selectors get their heads screwed on, but it's a lengthy process.
Yep I don't see that happening for long time, they are talking about bringing Salman Butt back instead of giving young players a chance.
I think Pakistan team will never improve until corruption ends...which will be a long time.

Yep I don't see that happening for long time, they are talking about bringing Salman Butt back instead of giving young players a chance.
I think Pakistan team will never improve until corruption ends...which will be a long time.
Salman Butt :lol :lol :lol He can eff off back to where he came from.
Can't believe he's even still allowed to play after what he did to Pakistan Cricket. What happened to that 10 year suspension?

What a joke! I already said what my version of immense talent is. If there is someone like that in domestic cricket and hasn't debuted yet then it's an even bigger joke. From what we see at the moment, there is no one at the level of consistency of the four names I mentioned. I think Shafiq and Ali are very very good test batsman but are they batsmen for any situation and any format? No!

Tell me something- Why is this Fawad Alam never picked? I saw him bat a few years ago and he looked the part.

Shaan Masood is just depressing boss. I have seen him play slowly always.

At the moment India are more settled Test side than Pakistan. We also do have a dearth of talent, most recently Hardik Pandya has made his way into the team with some stellar performances.

Pakistan is quite unsettled after Mis-You, but still expected them to still put up better competition than this,
Agree, no point in defending below average performance against Lanka and compare the team with India's and start the useless Ind v/s Pak thing. Our bowling hasn't been good except for one or two like Bhuvi, Yadav/Shami and there's no shame in accepting that, it'll take Pakistan years just like any other team looking to build a squad from fresh players who have potential.

They should definitely focus on their batting and build a base before the start of WC 2019, they've enough time.

Don't care even if he averages 200 in the domestic circuit, he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the national side.
Yeah he disrespected Pakistan cricket team and fans and I blame him for Mohammed Amir getting banned for 5 years as he was the captain.
If you look at Salman Butt recent matches he hasn't been impressive at all anyway.

What do you think of Sharjeel Khan.. should he be picked again?

Yeah he disrespected Pakistan cricket team and fans and I blame him for Mohammed Amir getting banned for 5 years as he was the captain.
If you look at Salman Butt recent matches he hasn't been impressive at all anyway.

What do you think of Sharjeel Khan.. should he be picked again?
Fixers have no place in the sport.

Sorry, but I don't see immense talent here..

Babar Azam, Shafiq, Haris Sohail, Azhar Ali, Shehzad... They are there for you.... Have patience. The booking of lankans into 96 and earlier in first test match show the caliber, Its just the Pakistan's struggling to find a balanced combination in test matches at this very early stage after Mis You Retirement. The team will be bounce back in future series.

PS: Haris Sohail is the find of this test series from Pakistan's side, Plus Opps, I actually thought Shafiq got dismissed. Shafiq and Sarfraz playing big part here and very much capable to do an upset, However, Shafiq is quite inconsistent with his performances

Bravo, Shafiq looking dangerous and so committed. Brilliant century. A Match winning Knock gonna be Insha'ALLAH

Match is pretty much gone now... :/ only a miracle can save us.

Can't blame the lower order or the tail. It's the top order batsmen's job to score the most runs. Shafiq seems to have regained his form. Hopefully he can now go back to domestic cricket. Babar and the openers should be dropped, imo. Bring in Fakhar Zaman, Usman Salahuddin and Fawad Alam.

Users who are viewing this thread