Sri Lanka Tour of the UAE and Pakistan - September/October 2017

Which of these batsmen deserves to be selected in Pakistan's Test squad?

• Total voters
Pakistan have bowled brilliantly but their batting have let them down a lot, Sri Lanka still lead by 254 with 5 wicket still to go and that's a lot for Pakistan.
If Pakistan can pull this off then it will be a good revenge for the last match.

Very surprised to see Pakistan being dictated terms at by a side that got thrashed by India just recently! Thanks to this, Shastri is bragging on Tv that 'look, they're beating Pak easily'

Very surprised to see Pakistan being dictated terms at by a side that got thrashed by India just recently! Thanks to this, Shastri is bragging on Tv that 'look, they're beating Pak easily'

Usually, I don't look for excuses in cases like these but I have to say that Sarfaraz looks out of his depth without Younis Khan or Misbah ul Haq by his side.

Unfortunately, this test is heading in a similar direction to the first. I guess you could call this series a revival of the Pakistani test side post the YouMis era. A potential write-off series where the new team can start to gain a little traction and Pakistan can start pinpointing the leaders and players of tomorrow.

I will be more worried if a similar trend occurs during the ODI's though.

Annoyingly, this express spell from Wahab is nothing short of quality. Meaning it will mostly like revive his Test career for another year. With the likes of India and England just over the horizon, it might be a worrying sign for Pakistan.

Pakistan need to get rid of this quick partnership as soon as possible. Target can even go 340+ and I think 300+ is more than enough for Pakistan to chase...

Its 75-25 in favor of Sri Lanka. last session of Day 4 will be very crucial (If Pakistan survives :P)

Chasing 317, I give Pakistan a genuine chance with this game if they plan proper cricket. Not the defensive rubbish like in the first test, rather looking to turn the strike over and hitting the bad balls to the boundary.

If they deal with the majority of the runs today, the chances increase further. Remember a fifth-day pitch is not easy to bat on.

Perhaps Shastri should watch the booking for 96 as well. The first win of Lanka wasn't easy it was nail biting. This match is competitive as well. Pakistan is missing the Mis-You at the moment in their batting. It will take some time to have a settled batting lineup but the talent here is immense. Score above 400 on these flat wickets in first innings is a no big deal but Pakistan felt the pressure in both matches and couldn't get enough lead in the first match as well and suffered with the fourth innings chase pressure. The team will bounce back. More test matches more confidence

Chasing 317, I give Pakistan a genuine chance with this game if they plan proper cricket. Not the defensive rubbish like in the first test, rather looking to turn the strike over and hitting the bad balls to the boundary.

If they deal with the majority of the runs today, the chances increase further. Remember a fifth-day pitch is not easy to bat on.
Yeah I agree, Pakistan need to learn to get a move and stop defending like 90% of times.
They got today and tomorrow to chase 319 so they got plenty of time.

What a pathetically slow start from Pakistan, its like they just aren't learning from their mistakes at all. Shan Masood 3(32) is not a reasonable place to be when chasing a large target. You're literally a walking wicket for Sri Lanka because even if you do last 100+ balls, you'll not have made a large enough dent into the chase for Pakistan.

What a pathetically slow start from Pakistan, its like they just aren't learning from their mistakes at all. Shan Masood 3(32) is not a reasonable place to be when chasing a large target. You're literally a walking wicket for Sri Lanka because even if you do last 100+ balls, you'll not have made a large enough dent into the chase for Pakistan.
Masood is in the team thanks to his father, who works in the government. The only way to get rid of him is hoping PMLN loses the elections.

Masood is in the team thanks to his father, who works in the government. The only way to get rid of him is hoping PMLN loses the elections.

Trust me, I am praying for it. I'm aware of his internal connections, something that he seemed to deny in an interview on Youtube.

Which further raises issues of morality and logic within the parameters of selections. After looking up his domestic stats, he has a decent List A average compared to his mediocre First class average, why has he been forced repeatedly into an area where he is mediocre for the sake of filling an opener's slot?

WOW ! Brilliant comeback by Pakistan in the 2nd Innings to restrict Lanka under 100. Its upto their batsmen now to chase 317 i won't be suprised if they manage to do that.

Out of interest (and I'm pretty sure what the answer is), is anyone actually watching the game?

Or just keeping up with the score.

It just can't get in their head, can it? Play positively.

Users who are viewing this thread