Stanford 2020 for $20 Million

Who would be your choice for Stanford Superstars captain?

• Dwayne Bravo

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Chris Gayle

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Sylvester Joseph

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Pollard really doesn't want Fletcher to get a century here. 3 sixes now, with Fletcher on 89 at the other end. :D

I don't think its worth moaning about the pitch, sure it's no Lord's but then most places aren't.
As for the lights, they aren't going to get better, as far as I'm aware its because the ground is near an airport so they can't be increased. (Unless Stanford buys the airport of course!)

Hmmm 173-4, what's wrong with the pitch? I just noticed this is on ESPN here. The lights do look bad, i'll give you that.

Last edited:
Hmmm 173-4, what's wrong with the pitch? I just noticed this is on ESPN here. The lights do look bad, i'll give you that.

Ask Chris Gayle how nice the pitch is. He got one on a length and it got to him about 1 inch from the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stanford Super star for $20 Million
:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy

Fletcher for WI keeper. He might just gets a shot at it if he does good this domestic season.

and Pollard showing his potential.

Man it is going to be one hell of a game. The 4 I would leave out would be:
Alistair Cook
Ryan Sidebottom
Ravi Bopara
Luke Wright

Assuming everyone is fit my team would be: -

Bell
Prior
Shah
Pietersen
Colly
Flintoff
Wright
Patel
Swann
Broad
Sidebottom

Obviously order can be flexible as situation dictates.

Bell
Prior
Shah
Pietersen
Flintoff
Collingwood
Patel
Swann
Broad
Harmison
Anderson

1 change to the side that won so convincingly against South Africa, bringing Swann in for Wright. We can't afford to go in with only 3 seamers I don't think. KP likes a good fast bowling attack as well, so Broad, Harmison and Anderson will give him that. Then by dropping Wright you keep with 2 spinners, but don't massively effect the batting line-up, as either Flintoff or Patel can go to the top and act as a pinch hitter if necessary, which you'd hope wouldn't be with Shah and Pietersen and 3 and 4. That'd be the best team I think. I do feel that Pietersen likes Wright though, so it could be Jimmy Anderson that misses out, which will be a shame for him.

1 thing that bothers me, why take Alastair Cook? He's not going to play ebcause KP picks the final XI, and he obviously doesn't like him in the T20 and ODi teams, as when he did come in he was batting at 9. The selectors obviously just wanted to try and give him the financial boost that he's been moaning about for ages. I think the place would have been far better going to someone like Malan or Denly, guys who are actually good enough to play ODi or T20 cricket for England, as Cook clearly isn't.

And our ODI side is a lot better then yours, I thought us beating you in 2 series home and away comprehensively proved that. But think what you like. You named 2 good players, well the rest of the side is very average.

No. I don't think it did prove anything. You proved that you can beat a 2nd rate England side, skippered by Collingwood, who was a fairly poor captain tbh. You have to remember that we had a substandard team in, with Bell and Wright opening, Shah batting down the order, Ambrose in the middle order, no Harmison, no Flintoff. I think our full strength side is far better than yours. We've got a better batting line-up, and I'd say our bowling line-up currently could take on anyone in ODi's. South Africa said that having Flintoff and Harmison coming on first change was incredibly difficult to play against. We've also got a world class opening bowling attack in Anderson/Sidebottom and Broad. You wouldn't beat us if we had the team we've got now out.

Last edited:
Don't go off-topic lads and don't start name calling each other either, I don't want to hand out infractions.

England team
Prior
Bell
Shah
KP
Fred
Colly
Patel
Wright
Swann
Broad
Harmy

No Jimmy, 2 spinners probably the better option. Colly and Wright give us a couple of extra options if needed. We need this win badly imo, they will be seriously down afterp retty much everythings gone wrong here. Hopefully KP will singlehandedly win the game so in the future the players feel like they owe the captain a performance and raise their game for him :D

Anderson & Bopara >>> Swann & Wright in my humble opinion.

Collingwood's a much better option than a 2nd spinner

Anderson has never done well in T20s though. I think he is a liability in this format.

England team
Prior
Bell
Shah
KP
Fred
Colly
Patel
Wright
Swann
Broad
Harmy

No Jimmy, 2 spinners probably the better option. Colly and Wright give us a couple of extra options if needed. We need this win badly imo, they will be seriously down afterp retty much everythings gone wrong here. Hopefully KP will singlehandedly win the game so in the future the players feel like they owe the captain a performance and raise their game for him :D

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/stanfordtwenty20/content/current/story/376355.html

I don't know many have realised but this is the side to play tomorrow night. (I presume you know Joe?)

Users who are viewing this thread