Stanford 2020 for $20 Million

Who would be your choice for Stanford Superstars captain?

• Dwayne Bravo

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Chris Gayle

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Sylvester Joseph

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
How are we being rude and ungrateful? We have every right to be angry when the series organiser is acting like a playboy around the players wives! The England players have more restraint than I would have had.

ECB like all others involved are part of this for the money, period.

That's because they are a business.

I can also see why they're annoyed. The floodlights are woeful, everyone's had a problem with them. It's improved as the tournament's gone on, but every team has struggled at some point. Also, the pitches have been beyond awful, creating dull, bowler friendly conditions, not ideal for Twenty20 cricket. If they actually were condusive to wicket taking then it would have been alright, but they're not even seeing teams getting skittled out, rubbish pitches. Then you've got Stanford waltzing around the place touching up the players wives, idiot. I hate the way he's constantly seen wondering about shaking people hands and hugging people, making it out like they all really like him. But the proof in the pudding was when he was on the balcony with Courtney Walsh and Curtley Ambrose and he tried to talk to Ambrose who just completely ignored him. Muppet.

The WAGs were as much a part of it as Stanford was. They were smiling, giggling, posing at the camera etc, whilst sat on his lap. Whilst what he did is perhaps not socially acceptable, the cricketers perhaps should have a word with their partners instead...

Exactly. It wasn't as if Stanford forced the women to act all happy; it was them as well.

I hope Saturday's game gets rained off. That ought to make it more exciting tbh.

Sir_Allen_Stanford__631057a.jpg

Yeh. Mrs Prior is loving the attention clearly.....

What is beautiful young women love about old billionaires?

Oh yeah...

[QUOTEThat's because they are a business.[/QUOTE]

And like every other business, its up to the investor or potential investor to find out what they are investing in! 20/20 matches are being played on that ground for 2 years now, they could have seen that the lights were not conducive to play and maybe ask for additional lights, the guy is a billionaire for God sake, he could have easily got that fixed!
And you guys makes it appear like Stanford was holding a gun to Prior wife's head, or any of the others for that matter, they were not being forced, they seems to be relishing in the moment, Matt should be pissed with his wife, not the playboy billionaire.

Check the above picture Rabs, Prior's missus doesn't exactly seem to be relishing that moment. I'm guessing that's after she realise it'd been shown on the big screen. I can see why the England guys are annoyed, I'd be abit pissed off if a bloke was just blatently flirting with my missus, and having her sat on his lap.

Well, she can't exactly say no to the event organiser and the man offering her husband 500 grand. It's common courtesy and he took it too far.

Oh yeh, she should really have slept with him tbh. =/

WTF does him being the event organiser have to do with him practically putting her onto his lap, he pulled her onto his lap, she didn't sit on there. It's not common courtesy to sit on the lap of event organiser, I don't know what events you go to. I can completely see why the England players were annoyed, he took it too far. It's fair enough having a laugh and joke with them, but getting her to sit on his lap was too far.

There's a slight difference between being nice to someone and sleeping with them. She can't exactly tell him to **** off...

KP, Will I respect your views, and to some extent I too would not be pleased about it, but where I am from you fault your lady not the guy, 500 grand or not, common courtesy or not, I also believe that she should set the tone, come on guys we are all men here (I hope), we know how these things play out, fame, fortune, power, these a charms in themselves and they are all fine looking ladies, I too would probably have gone over board:p.
I still say be mad at the wife. I am certain that there are wives that would not be caught dead in such a predicament!
Had it not been for the big screen, this could have gone on all match long, who knows how long she was sitting there!
I would be even more pissed at my wife, the more I think of this.

4_280x390_631775a.jpg

Yeah, she's clearly being assaulted.

P.S: mind you, I'd tap that too......but I'm a scabby teenager and it's acceptable for me to say this.

Adarsh added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

There's a slight difference between being nice to someone and sleeping with them. She can't exactly tell him to **** off...
Course she can. Fact of the matter is, I saw that live and the women were having a giggle.

England and the ECB are coming off as being pretty rude and ungrateful. If they didn't want to do it they shouldn't have. I hope they lose to be honest.

Why would it matter to the ECB who wins? Their money is safe no matter what happens. The only thing the game will decide is personal gain.

4_280x390_631775a.jpg

Yeah, she's clearly being assaulted.

P.S: mind you, I'd tap that too......but I'm a scabby teenager and it's acceptable for me to say this.

Might just be me, but she still doesn't exactly look comfortable. It's like she's putting on a fake smile to try and please the organiser of the tournament. I just don't agree with what Stanford did. You don't get one of the players pregnant wives to sit on your lap during a game, when the camera's are following you around like they are with him. I'm glad he's apoligised though, at least he knows he was in the wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread