Stanford 2020 for $20 Million

Who would be your choice for Stanford Superstars captain?

• Dwayne Bravo

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Chris Gayle

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Sylvester Joseph

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
One run. The pause in the cricinfo commentary got me so nervous, but we got the win.

Trinidad nearly beat England.
Good sign for Super stars :happy:happy:happy

England will need to get both disciplines right for the big game and not just one. Batting was good yet bowling was below par. The game against Middlesex was vice versa.

Am I the only one laughing at how anti-climatic this has been? It's been awful. Terrible pitch conditions for a T20, poor lighting and the series founder acting like a playboy being the main contributions to the downfall of this hyped up series. I can see big changes being demanded for next years series.

I think it's been quite good, there have been some pretty close matches which is what it should be all about.

Am I the only one laughing at how anti-climatic this has been? It's been awful. Terrible pitch conditions for a T20, poor lighting and the series founder acting like a playboy being the main contributions to the downfall of this hyped up series. I can see big changes being demanded for next years series.
ECB aren't to happy about it either.

I think it's been okay. The theory works well, but Standford needs to sort out his ground before this is ever likely to be anything bigger.

ECB aren't to happy about it either.

ECB like all others involved are part of this for the money, period. This ground has have two 20/20 tournaments, you mean they did not do their homework? Or are they not too happy about his playboy attitude? I too agree that the lighting needs improving, but ECB should not be that to unhappy, because they heard USD20 million and that was all they needed to hear at the time.

Last edited:
Last nights match was the first one that I've found entertaining. It was the first time we had a fairly decent pitch, and the first time that a team has looked remotely good with the bat.

One thing i've really enjoyed about the whole thing though is the commentary team. I wasn't a massive Pommie Mbangwa fan before this series, but he's actually a fantastic commentator, really knowledgable and he's got a cool voice. I could also listen to Tony Cozier forever, he's got such an awesome voice, and is such a good commentator, one of the most knowledgable commentators in the game, he's brilliant. Mix those 2 with Jimmy Adams, Bumble, Athers and Nasser and you've got a brilliant commentary team.

Shame about the lack of Bob Willis in the studio really, he'd have just made it perfect. <3 The Willis.

I agree with you Dan. The commentary has been fantastic! Also last nights match was a thriller. I hope the game on Saturday is just like this. ;)

Although Willis' bold statements are quality most of the time, I find his voice to be rather annoying, as well as the manner in which he speaks in. Just seems very bland.

Dont really care what the ECB thinks of Stanford as long as he keeps putting money into Caribbean cricket. For the last few years he is paying the players some good money and people in the Caribbean are actually starting to think that they can make a living by playing cricket. He gave money to the cricket boards in the Caribbean and he makes sure that they use it to develop cricket or hes going to withdraw the money.
Sure there might be some drawbacks by him putting in so much money but for now he is good in my eyes.

England and the ECB are coming off as being pretty rude and ungrateful. If they didn't want to do it they shouldn't have. I hope they lose to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread